• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

4005 posts in this topic

Tracking down a vacuum leak on my '01 Dodge Dakota. There are a pair of U shaped rubber hoses under the bed that run to the emissions canister that rot out every couple of years. I just replaced them 6 months ago and they are already looking ratty. But this time I think it's the gas cap. Also MMO'd the intake for a nice little smoke show. Cleaned the K&N air filter. Fixed a failed power steering pressure sensor that started leaking PS fluid all over the engine bay, and flushed the PS system while I was in there. Now I gotta buy a new clock spring. Air bag light comes on every time the steering wheel is turned and cruise control switches work intermittently. 125K miles.

Lucy the Cobalt got a new air filter recently, as well as an oil change. It was rather low, too, so when I get around to installing the new oil filter, I will have to see if I can track down any leaks.

That's what I'm wondering.

n4ef2b3b9b13aa.jpg

[/brian05SEL]

1 person likes this

Y'ALL BETTUH SHUT YOU FACE RIGHT NAOW. OR ELSE MADEA GON GET HER GLOCK.

MA. to the DAMN D. E. A.

THAT IS A GOOD, QUALITY VEE-HICKLE DEVIN BOUGHT.

AN I DON'T WANT NO LURNCH.

Madea_s_Big_Happy_Family_23082.jpg

1 person likes this

So the "Prez" of the :tsoc: now owns a Fiat. Whoop Dee Doo :ph34r:

Maybe its time for a coup??? :D

1 person likes this

Have you ever seen a 6' 8" man in a Fiat 500? ph34r.gif

Big-man-little-car.jpg

No, but I have seen a 6'-7" man driving an original MINI. It was almost as wacky as the president of a Taurus site owning two...well...you know. :P;)

In other news, The F150 got some new tires, since the Generals had finally worn out (plus the nail in the sidewall of one sealed the deal). I'm working on acquiring parts to swap over the stereo from the Taurus into the truck since the F-juan-fiddy is driven ~22k a year, and the Taurus might move about 22 feet per year. The Taurus needs to go on a diet anyways, or else that fluffy b***h will never be quick...ish...sorta. :unsure:

So now Devin owns the one compact sold by ChryCo that'll have even some diehard Mopar fanbois reacting with, 'WTF? just... go buy a Neon instead'. :lol::unsure::ph34r:

Big-man-little-car.jpg

That's a Peel P50 :P

Not a Fiat :lol:

I looked at my Caprice and thought "the hell are you still here for?"

I thought about my Merkur and though "I'll order the s**t for you when I get the stuff for the Taurus"

I thought about my Thunderbird and thought "I should just order either a PIMP setup from stinger or a wilson racing MSII and put the Bamafuel in the Merkur"

None of this will get done I'm sure.

I finally did install the auto-dimming mirror that I got from Sean T. in place of my busted old one. New one is GNTX-177.

I did connect it on right pillar on a 4 pole connector that had switched +12V and ground. Switched +12V (via power saver relay) was not used by the connector that is plugged in, but was nice that Ford run one wire all the way up there (together with ground, constant +12V and "door open" wire). For future reference - on mirror connector Pin 1 was +12V, Pin 2 was for ground while "reverse" (to cancel dimming - didn't use it, isolate it), Pin 3 was for ground (black wire).

Adjustment - press six seconds the COMP button. Press COMP till you get to your zone. Default was on 8. Now... will I do that every time I travel around US and I change the "zone"? Heck no...

pic16.png

post-1431-0-88984100-1325282155_thumb.jp

Edited by SoNic

What happened to your headrest?! did a dog maul it?

No, it has a cover that I guess was pulled up :)

Decided to pick up a brush guard (no pics of that yet) and saw a great photo op for the truck....

337768_10150523234013265_744513264_8760686_739443697_o.jpg

Photo critique: next time don't stick your subject in the center of frame, use the rule of thirds :)

Well.... My Econoline broke, again lol

The turn signals don't cancel anymore, so if I forget to manually cancel it, it stays on either way. However, I'll have to deal with it because I don't want to turn it in for service.

Jeep speaker refoam time.B) They've been bad for a while, but I finally got around to fixing them. I did the drivers side front and rear so far.

Before:

SpeakerBefore.jpg

During:

SpeakerDuring.jpg

After:

SpeakerAfter.jpg

New leds for the licence plate lights and tail lights for the truck today.

pics please alex! i want leds for my plate but the last ones i bought turned out to be crap... whered you get em? are they good?

Got universal ones from autozone for the licence plate lights. They arnt the best but it helps past weekly inspection. Pics will be on as soon as I go on brake.

Got universal ones from autozone for the licence plate lights. They arnt the best but it helps past weekly inspection. Pics will be on as soon as I go on brake.

They don't sell LEDs at AutoZone here.

Weekly inspections... wha-?

Picked it up at the mechanic's. It was low brake fluid, leaking from behind the master cylinder.

Dark Gauges

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNDktMjAxMjAxMTItMTcwMi5qcGc.jpg

autozone by me sells leds, but they arent by the light bulbs... for some strange reason.

They don't sell LEDs at AutoZone here.

Weekly inspections... wha-?

Army has weekly inspections.

Sean it's by the licence plates. I just got in from driving in a winter storm. I'm actually Impress how bright they were . I wish it was more directional. It just lights up the military part of the plate.

IMG_20120112_235708.jpg

Edited by Scuba9898

ooh! if you still have the package could you send me a pic of it?