Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

How do you like it? We wanted a larger size wagon with AWD, and choices were basically the Outback or this, and we didn't like the Outback. We like it,  Buick reliability rates high these days, and the year end incentives sealed the deal.

Take the wiper arms off and remove the wiper cowl. If it’s full of leaves and crud, it’s likely filling up the tray and running down the fresh air ducts. 

Usually any water that gets in the tray should drain down under the car on the passenger side near where the evaporative core drains out to. 

Changed the oil on Sunday at 7900 miles. Could have gone a bit farther but it was so close that I just decided to do it. Turns out the drainback valve in the old filter was bad. I wondered why I seemed to get extra valvetrain noise on startup.

• Like 1

So.... my starter died on me two Thursdays ago. Had to resort to the good old "pop the clutch" method to get it rolling. I wasn't about to be crawling underneath in the cold so I let a local Ford dealer do it. Of course it happens AFTER the comprehensive warranty runs out, and the powertrain warranty doesn't cover the starter. Oh well. Picked it up this past Tuesday. $345 and some change, which was actually lower than what I was originally quoted. Car starts better than it ever has.

Edited by Angrod

Added heated seats with new Katzkin leather. 

:creeper:

D64D5C77-5BCA-4E2E-8B1A-606DCEFDE684.thumb.jpeg.519a586cace8acb438b2568b98a5eb3d.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/21/2019 at 2:56 PM, Brian_05_SEL said:

D64D5C77-5BCA-4E2E-8B1A-606DCEFDE684.thumb.jpeg.519a586cace8acb438b2568b98a5eb3d.jpeg

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, I wanna go for a ride!!!!!!

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2019 at 1:56 PM, Brian_05_SEL said:

Brian I love the saddle color interior.  It really sets it off beautifully!

• Like 1

I removed the fake rear valance and tips on the Charger and installed the Charger Pursuit rear valance and got some nice 4" polished stainless tips for it.  The tips are just sat in place for the picture.  I'll have them welded on tomorrow.  Also, a while back I had a Mopar vinyl decal added to the rear quarter.  One of these days I'll upgrade the wheels.  The car has been great.  I'll have had it one year on March 8 and I've put 6500 miles on it so far.

Jeff

received_826887050989383.jpeg

FB_IMG_1542772884890.jpg

• Like 2

Warped my junkyard JBL system to 2007.

PnkyBP.jpg

0jPe6k.jpg

H5pFv4.jpg

Now I've got AM/FM, Tape, 6-Disc CD, and Aux. This setup just breaks the signal from the CD changer and plays whatever is on the external device when the CD player is selected. I've got the jack mounted down in the passenger foot well panel. I've pulled the panel that included the optional 12V socket with the intent to change the socket out to USB and drill a hole beside it for the jack, that way there will be more convenient charging options for mobile devices versus using the barrel jacks.

Some might wonder why bother trying to update my mis-mash of late '90s audio stuff, and that's because 1.) The JBL System is still nice, and 2.) I really like the factory style radio. I have no real desire for any funky infotainment, so I'll keep living in the stone age. I only wanted to add the aux jack after having had it in the station wagon.

• Like 1

I got some new shoes...or boots for the F150. Also replaced the cracked and rusting stock lugs nuts with a set of black locking Gorilla lug nuts.

LT 275/60/R20 BFG KO2s (33s, for reference the Raptor runs 35s stock)

Its absolutely amazing the difference these tires make. The truck rides like a truck now and they look awesome. I got it up to 80mph on the highway and the difference in noise compared to the Dueler street tires is barely noticeable, they are super quiet for how aggressive the tread is. I wasn't 100% sure on how the black lugs would look on the chrome rims but I trusted my gut and I think I made the right choice. Gotta like how the Gorilla locking lug nut looks like a normal lug nut too.

Set me back $255 a tire fully installed.

DFsul9b.jpg

nQNsrwy.jpg

QYcH8kg.jpg

Edited by Thub
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2019 at 12:58 PM, Thub said:

I got some new shoes...or boots for the F150. Also replaced the cracked and rusting stock lugs nuts with a set of black locking Gorilla lug nuts.

LT 275/60/R20 BFG KO2s (33s, for reference the Raptor runs 35s stock)

Its absolutely amazing the difference these tires make. The truck rides like a truck now and they look awesome. I got it up to 80mph on the highway and the difference in noise compared to the Dueler street tires is barely noticeable, they are super quiet for how aggressive the tread is. I wasn't 100% sure on how the black lugs would look on the chrome rims but I trusted my gut and I think I made the right choice. Gotta like how the Gorilla locking lug nut looks like a normal lug nut too.

Set me back $255 a tire fully installed.

DFsul9b.jpg

nQNsrwy.jpg

QYcH8kg.jpg

That truck is still looking really nice!  I'm sure those tires are more suited to the winter weather you get up there than street tires.  I'm kind of glad I live in the south because most of the time we have mild winters. 

On 3/10/2019 at 10:08 PM, Jeff said:

That truck is still looking really nice!  I'm sure those tires are more suited to the winter weather you get up there than street tires.  I'm kind of glad I live in the south because most of the time we have mild winters. 

Thanks Jeff. That blue jeans color has a way of hiding all the salt spray :)

I couldn't be happier with the truck so far, no complaints in the 2 years of ownership yet with the exception for the crappy Sync 2 system. The only things on the wish list for it now are:

• Sync 3 upgrade
  • Bilstein 5100 shocks (just to bump the front end up an inch or so)

I'd maybe consider a 87 octane tune and an aluminum intercooler once its out of warranty but there are no mountains and the air isn't usually that hot here. Besides I am quite happy with the output of the Ecoboost where its at right now.

We did have a pretty good winter here this year, alot more than the last few years but nothing to crazy. A lot more ice than usual too. The Dueler Alenzas are a good street tire but they lack any major grip in poor conditions. The KO2s tread is a little softer and grabs into the snow and ice much better, helps that the tread depth is like 16/32nds too.

Edited by Thub
  • Like 1

My budget wheels came in the other day and I had them installed today.  These are TSW Sonoma 19" wheels wrapped in Hankook Ventus 1 Noble 2 tires in 235/50/19.  Sort of an upgrade from my stock 17" wheels.  I'm happy with them, although, I'm not used to the look of them yet.

Jeff

FB_IMG_1552789006828.jpg

• Like 2

So the valve covers on the '97 have been seeping for a while. Nothing terrible, not enough to use oil between changes, but enough to see visible build up below. I guess it's finally gotten to the point it's getting on the exhaust manifolds, because I could sure smell that nonsense at a stoplight today.

It's just doing that job will hardcore suck. Driver's side requires brake booster removal. Done that on the '87, just need to be creative with a u-joint. Passenger's side per the Ford official stuff is to remove the fender liner and remove all the A/C stuff. Not doing that. The other method is to remove the driver's side engine mount to allow the engine to roll enough to remove the valve cover.

The oil pan is also going to need attention soon too. Again, not another job I'm particularly feeling like doing, but it needs to be done. The real question will be: When will I actually get around to doing? I have been bad about trying to motivate myself to get stuff like that done lately.

I have that same problem with motivation too. The Roadmaster wagon has some small leaks still, but compared to the last ones I did fix, they are much more tame now. 

Decided to do some work on the wagon since I experienced a massive battery draw that killed it in a few days a sitting, something it hasn't done before. It only happened after I disturbed the relays, which had a tendency to self trigger if bumped or shaken, and of course it's the important ones for the EEC and Fuel Pump.

After determining that, the next best step was to modernize, using a '90+ relay holder which uses conventional five pin cube relays versus the odd ball five pin, non-cube type ones that were originally fitted. It also gets a circuit safety feature too, a diode for the EEC power circuit. I also get to use a newer style vacuum box, versus the coffee can. I did make a mistake in attempting to use a '95+ vacuum box and holder assembly, when a '90-'94 one works better. Luckily I had the old style vacuum box for these cars, so I've just got to get the right holder, since the '95+ one sits up too high, but locks into place.

Factory angry spaghetti:

VXxriY.jpg

Updated angry spaghetti:

SCFcgm.jpg

Loomed and fitted:

nt9hX8.jpg

Now I don't have random self-energizing relays causing trouble for me. Plus, should I ever have a relay fail (all of the ones in the holder were factory Ford OE ones), it'll be much easier to get one since it's a common type, versus the more unique originals.

Maybe the next job will be using an proper fuse box over by the starter solenoid. Ford used a bunch of fusible links off the starter solenoid, so it's a rat's nest on that fender. A fuse box from a '90-'94 Town Car would be suitable as the links would be replaced with proper fuses and the horn and air shock relays could be re-fitted into that box.

Edited by Kodachrome Wolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t have many pictures yet but I got myself a 2013 Camaro 2SS.

Bought the car with the windows tinted and the mufflers are deleted...

will be getting a catback, intake, wheels, tune and maybe headers.

real fun to drive.

6CD2B734-5DC8-49CA-85AC-D34B454E7D60.jpeg

92B55505-17EC-4F73-AF47-ABE827723C3B.jpeg

CCC46D2B-3904-4660-AE95-35FA9014E130.jpeg

Edited by blackout
More pics
  • Like 2

Well car broke lmfao....llifter collapsed on cylinder 4 due to the stupid active fuel management system...since we gotta tear apart the motor I’m going to due a active fuel management delete kit with ls7 lifters and unsure of what cam to get...will probably just get a ls9 cam.

pfa

01050FF0-2728-44B0-9BB4-90215ECF1F38.jpeg

Man. That SUCKS. Seller MUST have known this was coming.

Anyhow, I totally appreciate your attitude. Breakage just means that it is upgrade time! Shame/Blessing that it had to happen so soon after purchase.

• Like 2

Maybe. Maybe not. 

I looked to see if the car was under GM warranty. Factory warranty actually ended a few weeks before the car was traded in.

I added to my fleet last night.  We needed a newer car to replace the 09 Fusion we had as it had 150k miles on it and was still mechanically sound, but everything else was falling apart.  I went to Fletcher Dodge in Jonesboro, where I purchased my 18 Charger a year ago, just to look really and dream about upgrading the Fusion.  I went inside and they had a single black 2018 Challenger sitting there with a big reduced sticker on it.  So, needless to say I brought it home at a decent price(I thought) just a tad over $25k.  Car had 88 miles on it and is equipped with the pentastar V6, optional 3.09 gear ratio rear end, paddle shifters, super sport package, premium cloth interior w/houndstooth inserts, heated mirrors, alpine sound system, 8.4 UConnect w/nav just to name a few.  No moon roof, but that's fine by me.  Sad to see the Fusion go because it was paid for, but happy to not have to worry about potential problems and it's quirks.  So, I guess I'm just a Mopar guy now.  Still love Ford, but never had much luck at my local dealer and, even though, I like Brian and enjoyed buying from him, I told myself I was never travelling that far again to buy a car! lol.  

Jeff

IMG_20190412_201917731.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats!! 

got all the lifters replaced...ordered myself a diablosport tuner to disable active fuel management

57155048_2042869959158519_467414710933782528_n.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't posted about this car before, but about a month ago I acquired, via trade deal, a 1998 Buick Regal GS with the supercharged 3800 drivetrain, 159k miles.  It's mainly sat in my yard for weeks, but yesterday I changed the supercharger coupler (was worn and causing a rattle/knock and likely why the previous owner stopped driving it), changed the engine and supercharger oil, replaced idler and tensioner pulleys as needed(three were bad), and put new belts on.  Today after Easter service I tore down and put new front brake pads, caliper brackets(pins we're seized), and turned the rotors.  I still need to do the rear brakes, rebuild the front and rear suspension, replace three window regulators, and get some new tires on it.  Also, it's desperate for a paint job.  It has that classic 90's GM white paint peel going on.  I think it would look good wearing rosemist and I happen to have plenty to do it in that color so that's likely the way I'll be going with painting it.  Despite its decrepit looks, It's actually pretty fun to drive!  I've only taken it down the street since I've not registered it yet, but that blower noise is addictive.  It has good bones and I'll have it turned around in no time, I hope.

Jeff

Screenshot_20190406-133903.png

• Like 1

Two Thursdays ago I changed the oil "early" in the Fiesta. It was deep amber after only 5000 miles. The last two changes went for 7-8000 miles before the oil was that color. Either the engine was dirty inside or Valvoline is crap.