• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please contact us at [email protected] and we can reset your password. 
    • Sean T.

FIXED ~ Issue for New Member Sign-Up   01/13/18

Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the error codes given when trying to register as a new member. If you have further registration issues, including error codes EX1364 or 2S129/1, please contact us at [email protected] with the error code displayed. Thank you, and welcome to our site.
Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

The time had come for the Edge to go since the lease was just about up.  Got an '18 MKC  with the 2.3  

It's not Edge Sport quick but it does the job.

30624019_10100487379010998_593450792522874880_n.jpg

30724679_10100487379050918_5649717491463618560_n.jpg

1177008228651549419.jpg

8523668420638486309.jpg

• Like 2

Nice! Love the plate by the way!

• Like 1

I lol'ed when I saw the plate. Nice ride!

Dave, is this a lease as well?  I like it, but Ive never been sold on that strange bird beak looking front end.  If I see you in October, presuming we have a meet and you come, then we will have to go for a ride.   I promise to shake the dust out of my floormat afterward.  Everybody is buying mainly fancy Lincoln's and here I go and buy a Dodge. 

Jeff

And I go and trade my Lin in on a Buick. But I am old and it is comfortable, quiet, powerful.

-chart-

Tore the Vibe apart today. Lately I noticed a rattle in the car. At first I thought it was something in a glove box, or center console. Then I decided to check, nothing. Looked in the simple places first. Nothing. I couldn't pinpoint the noise and it was when turning or accelerating/stopping harshly. 

Well, first I thought maybe something behind the dash. It sounded like a screw or piece of plastic. I couldn't find anything. Looked under the center console, nothing. Removed the blower motor to see if I could find anything in the HVAC box, nothing (That'd be an evil thing to do... Put something in someone's ductwork to rattle...)

Nothing. I took it for another spin with all the plastics off, and realized the sound appears to be more on the passenger side. So, I decided to pull the passenger seat, then realized I have an audio amplifier under there, looks to be hooked up, so my Pioneer isn't bypassing the system probably. However, I found the damn culprit! 

HmqfGSh.jpg

There was a light bulb under that box. Looks brand new, not sure how it got there. 

85bvaVb.jpg

It was right in that corner. That cutout is for the duct work for the rear floor vents that I had already removed looking for the annoyance. I think I took the car on many reckless drives around the neighborhood trying to pinpoint that. 

loqmRR7.jpg

I was prepared to rip the whole car apart. Thankfully, I found it. Damn lightbulb was driving me mad. Now it's a silent car, and I got to practice taking the thing apart. :) 

• Haha 2

Well we got hit pretty hard with this April snow storm, I woke up to a good 14 or 15 inches of wet heavy snow, drifts were easily 3-4 feet in places. I had to run some errands and I wasn't letting the snow slow me down, I mean I have access to a big 4x4 truck so I wasn't worried. So for fun I tried to back out of the driveway in 2wd, I made it a whole 3 feet before it just spun, so I shifted over to 4, turned off traction control and locked the rear diff. I got down to the end of the driveway and realizing how deep it really was I made the shift to 4low and took off. I had got going good but I ended up stopping in front of the house to talk to a neighbor...I couldn't get moving forward again! I had to rock the truck back and forth to get moving and even then it struggled to get going. I have never seen this happen before but the snow was so wet, dense and heavy and the truck was too light that with all that torque in 4 low the rear axle was wheel hopping on the snow. I thought it was unreal that there was that much torque being put down at 5mph that the entire back end of the truck was jumping off the snow. I'm sure a few hundred lbs of ballast in the bed would have helped a lot.

Jeff, I'd expect Lincoln to switch all models to their new front end in the next few years. Look to the Company flagship Navigator and Continental front end.

Edited by Thub