Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

21 hours ago, -chart- said:

PIc of belt access and Alt. DOHC Alt is a real pain. And the worst thing on my '03 Sedan was the ABS/TC module.

-chart-

They give you a lot of room under the hood of that Buick since it also had to fit the Northstar V8 in there.

DOHC V8 takes up alot of space.

40777826.jpg

Edited by Thub

I finally got around to putting the Estate Wagon into the garage. 

hydSInh.jpg

All the vehicles started (Except the Blue Bird, no battery in her, will get one in the spring once it warms up.) 

I love how much crap I got in there, yet I do have sufficient amount of work area if I need. 

If the Wagon didn't leak water, I would have probably put the S/C in there just to keep it as clean as possible. (Remember, it is still for sale for anyone interested ;)

Your driveway has a pothole. ;) 

On 1/31/2018 at 3:09 PM, TaurusKev said:

I finally got around to putting the Estate Wagon into the garage. 

All the vehicles started (Except the Blue Bird, no battery in her, will get one in the spring once it warms up.) 

I love how much crap I got in there, yet I do have sufficient amount of work area if I need. 

If the Wagon didn't leak water, I would have probably put the S/C in there just to keep it as clean as possible. (Remember, it is still for sale for anyone interested ;)

How much room would you have if you hugged the outside walls with the cars!?

And Kev, I think you are missing some gutters :icon_confused::icon_confused:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gentz said:

How much room would you have if you hugged the outside walls with the cars!?

And Kev, I think you are missing some gutters :icon_confused::icon_confused:

I'd probably have plenty of space! I got some building supplies on the sides, but I can comfortably work in there if I needed to. 

And, I know, I need to put some gutters on there eventually to redirect the rain away from the backyard and channel it to the front. Gutters and I are not on good terms right now. Going to have to take the ones off my house and remount them as they're also falling off the house. :angry: 

I don't visit too often, life happens I guess. From time to time I browse for possible replacements for our Audi A6 wagon. It's still going strong, but it's a 2000. Someday it may get too old and there are not many similar vehicles. Last week I noticed the Buick Regal Tourx. It looks like a similar size with AWD. I think it looks great, and it seems the GM 2.0 turbo is good now (2013-2014 not so much). Seems that Buick depreciation could make it a nice deal in a few years. Any thoughts? 

Presently going over my wiring for my ride air swap on the '97. I wound up grabbing a RAS/EVO module from a Town Car, oops. It's setup somewhat different from a CV/GMQ in terms of wiring pinouts. 99% of the wire color matches my '97 EVTM, which is good. I did get some help on CVN and found out what that one wire I couldn't ID did. I forgot that '95-'97 Town Cars have a steering power adjustment switch on the dash. You can vary the assist somewhat using it. That might be a hard item to integrate, but would be totally worth doing since I'm already going to be fairly deep into this job.

Assuming I get this package together with minimal kinks, I'll have most of the options available on a similar year Town Car, save for the memory seat option (very uncommon) and the lack of a digidash.

• Like 2

736C6432-7F45-4FCB-86F0-5A5F331504D7.thumb.jpeg.b13308ea3319ff8cdb15565bae078dbb.jpeg

29F733A0-010D-4FAF-8737-E0DDDCD56F0B.thumb.jpeg.7dc44973b7a254ccd46fdc35361ec318.jpeg

My Mustang will be undergoing some significant engine upgrades. Today was the “before” dyno pull to establish the stock engine’s baseline power output. When everything is completed sometime over the next several weeks, there will be an “after” pull to show how much of an improvement there is. 

• Like 2

I was going to trade my fusion in tomorrow on a 2016 Dodge Charger RT in red.   I was literally ready to do it.  I was approved through Chrysler Capital and everything.  Then the practical me kicked in and decided I really didn't need a payment like that and to keep what I have.  So, I dropped the Fusion off at the paintless dent repair place to have about 6 dings removed because they've always bothered me.  All but one were on it when I bought it.  The final one was a crease put in my rear door by a co-worker and he offered to pay, but there was another ding on that same door and the PDR guy charges by the panel so I told my coworker not to worry about it this time.  I think my whole ordeal with Ford sort of soured me on the car, but thinking about it...I still do like the car and enjoy driving it so I'm gonna do the smart thing and keep it, and it's really cheap payment.  I'll post pics of the repaired spots after I get it back.  He was confident it would turn out really nice.

Jeff

Tried to get the exhaust fixed at a shop on the wagon but they were a bit busy. Said to come by Monday, so I went over to the mall and helped make up a beater squad. Nothing like an ex-police Tahoe, Cutlass Supreme, and a Colony Park parking together.

cYrQds.jpg

• Like 1

I just got an 07 G6 from my wifes grampa. He had it given to him last year but he just bought Ridgeline for a good price and doesn't need it. I've been driving my moms 07 Malibu for a couple weeks now and I like it quite a bit, it gets awesome mileage, rides nice and the 3.5 has a lot more power than a vulcan lol. I think I'll be happy with the G6 since they're basically the same car

Edited by Vulcanator

Traded the Suzuki on Wednesday. Once I have time to take pics of the new car I will reveal what I got.

• Confused 1

PDR turned out great!  Only one dent couldn't be totally removed, but he was able to make it 90-95% better.  Also, last year I put Monroe OE Spectrum shocks on (because that was all that was available aftermarket).  I know I could've put motorcraft on, but I didn't.  Well, finally Bilstein released shocks for the 2g fusion that are available in the United States.  So, I swapped those mediocre shocks for some very nice Bilsteins.  The Monroe made noise from day one.  So far the Bilsteins are good and quiet.

Jeff

Got bumped in traffic.

jlu07q.jpg

ePAmCK.jpg

Exchanged info with the other driver and got back to my day. Rather minor, and the scratches were easily buffable. I'm sure an electric buffer could do a better job, but I don't have one.

pkaydl.jpg

LpO5ym.jpg

I'm not going to bother making a claim on something that isn't super noticeable unless you're close. On top of that, the bumper already had some minor scratches from luggage from years ago. It's really not that much worse.

• Sad 1

Both washed, sunny day for a change. Silver seems to be the way mine happen to be.

2 silver wagons, silver Lin, silver Buick.

-chart-

Ours18.jpg

So I bought a car. Both the Taurus and Suzuki were on the way out. Taurus was leaking tranny fluid from somewhere and had a bad fuel leak. Suzuki had been making a popping noise up front for a while when turning that eventually started happening even when going straight. My guess is cv joint(s) going out. Rather than spend money on the cars that I would never be able to get back I decided it was time to get something newer.

Behold my new daily driver/grocery getter, a 2014 Ford Fiesta 2018 Lamborghini Huracan! (Hey! I can dream, can't I?)

oZXVtw

WjX97k

quTWmi

TZ8gZh

Not a whole lot of room in the back

MqsSsg

fc1Q7i

2014 Fiesta (CPO), 31000 miles, Ecoboost 3 cylinder, 5 speed manual, power windows/locks, EATC, SYNC, cruise, heated seats (don't really care for this feature), ambient lighting, other stuff I'm forgetting.

So yeah, Not exactly what I wanted. I was looking for a Fusion or at smallest a Focus. Only problem is the Fusions kept selling before I could get to them or they had issues and there are almost no manual trans Focii available right now with decent miles. This popped up and I decided to pounce before someone else got to it. Not bad though. It's very comfortable for a small car and the fuel mileage is awesome. My only real complaint is how stiff the suspension is. Every time I hit a bump the rear end gets loose.

Edited by Angrod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats!! I am glad to see a proper transmission in it. :) 

I decided that when it comes time for a new vehicle, my next new(ish) vehicle will be an EV. For now, I have a stable fleet with the Pontiac, Mitsubishi, and the summer cars... So it'll be long after I graduate.

How does the little 3 Cyl turbo move?

I'm sure that thing is amazing on gas, I just don't know how people drive those super small cars. That's what happens when you buy a vehicle that has interior proportions similar to that of a small room...you get spoiled.

• Haha 1

Well, now I’m gonna have to join the ranks of those who recently bought themselves new cars. Today, my Sable LS wagon was finally replaced as a daily driver. Here is the new baby... 

44495A04-CCBE-402B-A354-F7D9D659A865.thumb.jpeg.fd604598d1163d525868c37ca322a6bb.jpeg

B4FED273-54F3-4DFD-BD1F-BB66B0C06F81.thumb.jpeg.74d7d72867289b0878606b28f7479c48.jpeg

4B701528-A3A1-44BF-B831-3B594D8DCB02.thumb.jpeg.db35cc37618b8ba30fac161067bf4190.jpeg

465FF646-B48F-4D95-8C79-B0D62F78B42D.thumb.jpeg.3c12fba55c62858614d3a4da5f93df74.jpeg

It’s a 2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 fastback coupe with 18k miles. For those who may be wondering, the Sable wagon wasn’t traded in... however, I do plan on putting that car up for sale in the near future. 

• Like 1

That Mustang is a sweet daily driver for sure congrats!

The Fiesta looks pretty nice. I'd like to get one or something similar to boot to work with in a year or two.

I had a caliper seize on the G6 heading to work which was awesome and smelled great. So I gotta fix that tomorrow but my wife works the front counter at a shop part time and gets parts at their cost. I kinda like the look of the ugly steel wheels without the hubcaps. 

20180222_151101_zpseofqcb58.jpg

20180228_192622_zpszsunetby.jpg

On 2/27/2018 at 8:49 PM, Thub said:

How does the little 3 Cyl turbo move?

I'm sure that thing is amazing on gas, I just don't know how people drive those super small cars. That's what happens when you buy a vehicle that has interior proportions similar to that of a small room...you get spoiled.

It's rather gutless until you start pushing it. Once the turbo wakes up it zips along quite nicely. I wasn't sure I was going to like something so small but it's growing on me. I guess driving the little Suzuki helped get me ready for the transition. Every time I drove the bull in the last year it felt like I was driving a big boat.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:58 PM, Brian_05_SEL said:

Well, now I’m gonna have to join the ranks of those who recently bought themselves new cars. Today, my Sable LS wagon was finally replaced as a daily driver. Here is the new baby... 

(pretty pics removed to save on post length :P)

It’s a 2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 fastback coupe with 18k miles. For those who may be wondering, the Sable wagon wasn’t traded in... however, I do plan on putting that car up for sale in the near future. 

Now you have to do a drag race between the 2015 V6 and the Foxbody V8.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Angrod said:

It's rather gutless until you start pushing it. Once the turbo wakes up it zips along quite nicely. I wasn't sure I was going to like something so small but it's growing on me. I guess driving the little Suzuki helped get me ready for the transition. Every time I drove the bull in the last year it felt like I was driving a big boat.

Now you have to do a drag race between the 2015 V6 and the Foxbody V8.

Once the 5.0 comes back in the spring from getting an engine rebuild, these two cars probably won’t be too far apart in performance. However the 2015 does have Track Apps in the instrument panel that will count elapsed time for 0-60, 1/4 mile, braking distances, includes a full accelerometer, etc. 

Edited by Brian_05_SEL

Drove the Supercoupe today to do some small errands. Connected the battery, turned the key, fired right up as if it was just driven yesterday. Still for sale for anyone interested! :)

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:30 PM, -chart- said:

Both washed, sunny day for a change. Silver seems to be the way mine happen to be.

2 silver wagons, silver Lin, silver Buick.

-chart-

Ours18.jpg

Found the paint color for the Buick. Buick uses 5 different locations but the Lucerne is only on the bottom of the spare tire cover. Switchblade Silver. Took a pic and put the "service parts id." tag in my computer. May need touchup sometime. Took a sample of coolant for condition. Dealer did no list the things done, just "required service" at each visit.

-chart-

CoolantBuick.jpg