• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

3896 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

Been driving the Supercoupe a lot lately, I remember why I loved it... :wub:

You forgot why you loved it?  Aww... I'm so sorry to hear about your mind starting to go!  Might I suggest some ginkgo biloba?  I've attached a coupon just for you, it may help.  Stay strong.

539a1372dcd961406_2_coupon_neut3.jpg

1 person likes this

Finally pulled the Garage queen out and got a new battery and oil change. She is going back to DD duty while the Explorer gets to sit in the garage. I need to get a stubby antenna so i don't have to remove it from the Explorer to make it fit. Either way my wife would never even attempt to pull it out because she is afraid of hitting the mirrors but still. 

18921805_10208582352824136_4627765842538

I am now working on getting the Sonata back to working order totally. A new flex pipe is getting ordered since the old one has a pin hole. Only thing that sucks you can't just order the pipe you have to order back to the cat. Luckily eBay has them for only 120. Which is shocking but I’ll take it. Nick has offered to find me some parts since there aren't any good junk yards around Pittsburgh. So I will be getting fog light bezels (missing), radio (screen is failing on the old one), Rear passenger taillight (at some point years ago it took on water and i had to clean it).  After that is just brakes and rotors in the rear especially the pads aren't touching the whole rotors in the rear.

18920174_10208582352184120_6203806494945

I did find the Auto Dim mirror with Home link that Sean and Dave got me at the October Meet. So i slapped that on but now need to figure out the wiring. There are four wires which initially confused me but this morning while showering i had an epiphany, one wire is for constant power for the Homelink, one is for switched auto dim, the other is reverse wire (who cares) and the last is ground. So once i find my wiring in the front sunroof/map light I should be good.  I wonder if my wife will notice this morning if anything is different. 

18893459_10208582352784135_2999439715750

But in 3 years we've put maybe 3000 miles on it.  Since I have only some time before baby number 2 comes I want to get some shit done.

So the Explorer now sits until we need the space, the Sonata now gets driven 3-ish miles a day to my wife's work and back, and my Fusion gets the beating it deserves at around 12 miles a day.

EDIT:

She noticed first thing this morning and called and asked if its been here for years and she never noticed. She said the mirror feels much closer haha. It is a lot more plastic around it.

1 person likes this

Just because I posted doesn't mean YOU have to post.

Terrible.

1 person likes this

I was already typing when you heckled poor Kevin..

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, daveromanjr said:

You forgot why you loved it?  Aww... I'm so sorry to hear about your mind starting to go!  Might I suggest some ginkgo biloba?  I've attached a coupon just for you, it may help.  Stay strong.

539a1372dcd961406_2_coupon_neut3.jpg

Oh my mind has been going long ago lol.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Gentz said:

Finally pulled the Garage queen out and got a new battery and oil change. She is going back to DD duty while the Explorer gets to sit in the garage. I need to get a stubby antenna so i don't have to remove it from the Explorer to make it fit. Either way my wife would never even attempt to pull it out because she is afraid of hitting the mirrors but still. 

18921805_10208582352824136_4627765842538

I am now working on getting the Sonata back to working order totally. A new flex pipe is getting ordered since the old one has a pin hole. Only thing that sucks you can't just order the pipe you have to order back to the cat. Luckily eBay has them for only 120. Which is shocking but I’ll take it. Nick has offered to find me some parts since there aren't any good junk yards around Pittsburgh. So I will be getting fog light bezels (missing), radio (screen is failing on the old one), Rear passenger taillight (at some point years ago it took on water and i had to clean it).  After that is just brakes and rotors in the rear especially the pads aren't touching the whole rotors in the rear.

18920174_10208582352184120_6203806494945

I did find the Auto Dim mirror with Home link that Sean and Dave got me at the October Meet. So i slapped that on but now need to figure out the wiring. There are four wires which initially confused me but this morning while showering i had an epiphany, one wire is for constant power for the Homelink, one is for switched auto dim, the other is reverse wire (who cares) and the last is ground. So once i find my wiring in the front sunroof/map light I should be good.  I wonder if my wife will notice this morning if anything is different. 

But in 3 years we've put maybe 3000 miles on it.  Since I have only some time before baby number 2 comes I want to get some shit done.

So the Explorer now sits until we need the space, the Sonata now gets driven 3-ish miles a day to my wife's work and back, and my Fusion gets the beating it deserves at around 12 miles a day.

EDIT:

She noticed first thing this morning and called and asked if its been here for years and she never noticed. She said the mirror feels much closer haha. It is a lot more plastic around it.

That mirror looks nice, what did it come from? Also why does it look like you are going to drive into that oncoming car at 40 Mph? :lol:

3 minutes ago, TaurusKev said:

That mirror looks nice, what did it come from? Also why does it look like you are going to drive into that oncoming car at 40 Mph? :lol:

Its actually an OEM Hyundai mirror came out of a junk Sonata. 

:dangerdriving: I like to live on the edge. Its actually a curve in the road haha

I might have to take a look at the Hyundai section in junkyards. Not a bad looking mirror. And good! Thought you were playing chicken with your Hyundai lol

Only thing I will say in the Hyundai mount is different its a lot higher than normal fords and the base is special so you would have to take the glass mount off the windshield too.

So I took another look at the compressor. Then I noticed that it wasn't the compressor leaking, but the fittings on top!

img_20170609_075233 (2).jpg

So I yanked them out and they look a bit rough. Gonna change them and get the system vacuumed and pressurized hopefully tomorrow, get them to throw some more dye in to make sure that nothing is going awry. 

img_20170609_181659 (2).jpg

So for good measure I pulled the compressor while I was in there. Glad I did. Looks like it blew up

Webp.net-compress-image (2).jpg

So I bought a new one, stuck it on and had the shop fill it back up again. Now I hopefully should be good for a while!

The cheap subwoofer I had grenaded tonight. I guess now I have a good excuse to replace it with a better one.

So shocker: a GM product is having electrical issues.

The truck tried to light itself on fire. The speed control for the blower motor got too hot to touch and starting pouring smoke. Wires melted on the back of it, so I cut it off and took it to the parts store and put an aftermarket one in. Well, that must have done something to the climate control which is now on the fritz. A/C cuts in and out, if I jiggle the button I can make it work until the next bump when it promptly cuts back off again.

Looks like I'm off to Pull-A-Part then.

" Then I noticed that it wasn't the compressor leaking, but the fittings on top!  "

Sucks how a nickle and dime part can cause big problems.:mad:  .  We've had a $400,000 bus out of service for 2 days waiting on $8.00 of specialty fittings for a coolant hose. 

$8.00 for parts, $19.00 courier service.  (we only have 2 of these luxury coaches so don't stock a lot of parts for them like we do for the other 90 buses in the fleet). 

1 person likes this

I took actions to make the truck look better and make it way more comfortable to drive on a hot summer day when the sun is shining. Those massive windows really let the sun in and cook that black leather interior. With the factory match front windows and the windshield visor its so much nicer. The 5% visor is amazing on that huge windshield, no need for the sun visors anymore. I was driving straight west this evening into the sun and no need for the sun visors or sun glasses.

IMG_0625_zpsxdt3ezqg.jpg

IMG_0626_zpslb8i4upm.jpg

IMG_0629_zpswgxsgjjv.jpg

2 people like this

On 6/13/2017 at 8:56 AM, SHOenough said:

So shocker: a GM product is having electrical issues.

The truck tried to light itself on fire. The speed control for the blower motor got too hot to touch and starting pouring smoke. Wires melted on the back of it, so I cut it off and took it to the parts store and put an aftermarket one in. Well, that must have done something to the climate control which is now on the fritz. A/C cuts in and out, if I jiggle the button I can make it work until the next bump when it promptly cuts back off again.

Looks like I'm off to Pull-A-Part then.

I saw you in the sho getting on I-20 at two notch yesterday around 3:45-4pm. I was in the blue Lincoln you were in the sho

2 people like this

On 6/17/2017 at 10:41 AM, Bull Geek said:

I saw you in the sho getting on I-20 at two notch yesterday around 3:45-4pm. I was in the blue Lincoln you were in the sho

Was it deep blue? I saw a deep blue Town Car and wondered if it was yours

Changed the oil in the Suzi after about 1500 - 1800 miles. It was already a dark amber. The inside of the engine must have been filthy when I got it.

4 quarts Supertech 10w-30 (recommended for the car) and a Motorcraft 910S filter.

20170618_152636_zpsugbrquo5.jpg

Also, found out I have a brake light out so I need to get new ones (probably go with Sylvania LED's,) found out I have a hole in the muffler (at least one anyway) and discovered that I have a large amount of blow-by in the crankcase. The only thing I know of that has any blow-by in an engine is the piston rings but it's not using any oil. I'm thinking about just venting the PCV to atmo and plugging the hole in the intake.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:45 AM, Gentz said:

EDIT:

Seems like a silly place to put Homelink buttons. You'd always be moving the mirror whenever you pushed one of the buttons.

11 hours ago, SHOenough said:

Was it deep blue? I saw a deep blue Town Car and wondered if it was yours

That was me!

1 person likes this

I finally got around to ordering a soft roll up toneau cover for the truck. I should be done working nights pretty soon and have more time on hand to pop the plastic bed liner out and get the bed and front door sills sprayed with Line-x and then install the cover.

1 person likes this