• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

3996 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, SoNic said:

Just don't give "jumps" to people and don't try to jump your car either if you have drained your alternator.

Jumping can damage the older-style regulators. Empty alternators can damage the rectifiers.

Come to think of it... I did use the Thunderbird to jump the Roadmaster a few times before I had a chance to throw it on the charger... And shortly after is when my alternator troubles started to brew... And that was when the Roadmaster was having all sorts of weird issues where the alternator caused it to throw 7 codes.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TaurusKev said:

Come to think of it... I did use the Thunderbird to jump the Roadmaster a few times before I had a chance to throw it on the charger... And shortly after is when my alternator troubles started to brew... And that was when the Roadmaster was having all sorts of weird issues where the alternator caused it to throw 7 codes.

You forgot to not do that. ;) 

I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for the Fusion/Mondeo. Wanted a pure summer tire but they were way more money.

20170516_105845_zpsvogm0o1p.jpg

20170515_105834_zpsy5myn6qw.jpg

The old tires were faulty and were crazy loud. These are silent.

1 person likes this

Well... I gotta stop racing the LT1... Fueled it up, an impressive 13 Mpg... I have been driving it pretty hard, and at times, putting that Corvette motor to work :ph34r:

So current things the wagon needs to be near 100% perfect:

Completely undercoat the bottom of the wagon to preserve the beauty

Fix 1 rust hole that was from water leaking in that is now fixed

Replace oil and trans lines under the hood

Replace trans fluid and power steering

Replace differential fluid

Fix auto leveling system

And I think I am going to just rebuild the remainder of the suspension to have fresh parts. (Tie rods, control arms, etc)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TaurusKev said:

Well... I gotta stop racing the LT1... Fueled it up, an impressive 13 Mpg... I have been driving it pretty hard, and at times, putting that Corvette motor to work :ph34r:

I've netted similar mileage in the wagon when I was going to Nick's for the spring meet up. I was hauling to make up for time and being hard on the accelerator and netted an average of 13.9 MPG. Usually 15-17 MPG is a typical average in town. Best highway mileage (so far) has been 21 MPG. I've never gone on a trip long enough yet with it to get just highway mileage. That'll change come June and I'll be checking my numbers. If I crack 21 MPG, I'll be happy. If I crack 25, I'll be impressed. Anything higher, I wouldn't count on happening.

I pulled constant 25's from SC to IL. Of course, I was babying the car the whole way due to the weak OptiSpark. I did not want the Service Engine Soon light coming on from hammering it. And little did I know, the spark plugs in that thing were nasty. So I think the two did not help it. I would love to see what it can get now with all the work Ive done to it. I am going to try very hard the next fuel up to be gentle the way I drive my blue bird to see what I can get for city/suburb driving.

1 person likes this

I finally get to post in this thread.

Changed the oil in it. Didn't even get 2 quarts out when drained. 4 quarts of Supertech 5w30 went in with a Motorcraft FL-910s filter.

Needs spark plugs and probably wires too. Driver's door dome light switch was broken. Swapped it with the one from the driver's rear door. Replaced dome lamp bulbs. Fixed the improperly installed driver's side headlight. Clutch makes one hell of a racket when under enough power or coasting. First guess is motor/tranny mounts. Need to do those soon. A/C doesn't work. The compressor doesn't even engage so my guess is low system pressure or a blown fuse. Needs an alignment as it pulls noticeably to the right.

Let the guessing commence! Hint: It's not a Ford :ph34r:, it is a 5 speed, it is a wagon, it is a beater :P. (Since I bought it cash, age wasn't an issue.)

I am going to guess a Saturn SW1/2?

5 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

I am going to guess a Saturn SW1/2?

Hmmm, nope. Foreign car (it was imported.)

Also forgot to mention that the previous owner broke the driver's rear exterior door handle during winter last year. No biggie, just slightly annoying.

What is a biggie is 3rd gear; it's useless. Somewhere along the line (not the immediate previous owner) third gear was either abused or someone rested their hand on the shifter all the time. Try to put it in third and it grinds to high heaven. Synchro is gone and I don't even feel a gate to push it through. I have just been skipping over 3rd like the PO did.

All in all though it's not a bad little car. Definitely a gas sipper. I haven't done enough fill ups to average the mpg's yet but they're definitely 30+ on the highway. Also, hand crank windows and manual locks! I've gone old school yo!

It was imported? Then I have no clue lol

4 hours ago, Angrod said:

Hmmm, nope. Foreign car (it was imported.)

OBD2: Accord Wagon or Camry wagon.

Non-OBD: Tercel wagon

No one is going to guess this so I might as well reveal it. Manufactured in Japan in 1998 for the 1999 model year, I present to you my '99 Suzuki Esteem Wagon:

qPfrUo

5FZ5P9

RRfBK2

DXJHhk

hVHds8

And that awesome panoramic view:

sPv6d2

Ok so it's nothing special. It's just something to tide me over until I have a little more money for a better car. I've taken to calling it either the Suzi or the Subaruki. :P

4 people like this

I'm registered to go do an autocross event in the morning, co-hosted by Chicagoland Mustang Club and Windy City Miata Club. 

#killconesnotpedestrians 

5 hours ago, Angrod said:

No one is going to guess this so I might as well reveal it. Manufactured in Japan in 1998 for the 1999 model year, I present to you my '99 Suzuki Esteem wagon

IMG_20170519_190942_zpsoyf2rds8.jpg

Ok so it's nothing special. It's just something to tide me over until I have a little more money for a better car. I've taken to calling it either the Suzi or the Subaruki. :P

I feel like other models may have gotten a more complete instrument cluster. The could have put the fuel and temperature together and stuck a clock in the other hole or put the readings in a horizontal style setup over a vertical one. It feels like something is just incomplete the way they did it.

Otherwise, looks like a solid little thing. Don't see many Suzukis around here, so always interesting to see one. 

2 hours ago, Kodachrome Wolf said:

I feel like other models may have gotten a more complete instrument cluster. The could have put the fuel and temperature together and stuck a clock in the other hole or put the readings in a horizontal style setup over a vertical one. It feels like something is just incomplete the way they did it.

Otherwise, looks like a solid little thing. Don't see many Suzukis around here, so always interesting to see one. 

Yeah, the tach was deleted for this car. A Google search shows pretty much every Esteem with a tach. I have an aftermarket unit that I'm considering installing, I just have to find a place for it.

3 hours ago, Angrod said:

Yeah, the tach was deleted for this car. A Google search shows pretty much every Esteem with a tach. I have an aftermarket unit that I'm considering installing, I just have to find a place for it.

Mount it by the left A-pillar, ricer style. :P 

10 hours ago, Angrod said:

steering column is best place.  

Oooooooooooh, I love that wagon! Very Japanese and simple. :)

Also those controls look very Mitsubishi-like. Which isn't a surprise since Japanese cars seem to use all the same parts lol. Congrats on the beater!

On 5/20/2017 at 1:13 AM, Kodachrome Wolf said:

I feel like other models may have gotten a more complete instrument cluster.

Don't let it hurt your self ESTEEM...

3 people like this

I went to a tinting party... B) 

IMG_2787.thumb.JPG.fb8c5d52825481424df2d791140dd77e.JPG

IMG_2788.thumb.JPG.81387537248b2f8c130445bc20aebfd0.JPG

IMG_2789.thumb.JPG.04c7d438855edf90391833372d0d802d.JPG

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, mmmfloorpie said:

Don't let it hurt your self ESTEEM...

Badum tisssssssssssssssss

Changed the wipers as the ones that were on it were all crappy.

Check engine light came on last night on my way home from work. Checked the code; P0136, O2 sensor circuit malfunction, sensor 2. I got on it hard yesterday in the afternoon. I wonder if i broke some carbon loose and it plugged the sensor. Gonna take a look tomorrow.

Went and picked up my aunt's F150 today. Always something that needs to be done with that truck when I pick it up. Today she said it sounds like there's a chain rattling about underneath. A quick trip down the road and I heard what she was talking about as I pulled into a restaurant I was stopping at. I turned the wheels full lock to the left and checked the suspension to find remnants of OE swaybar links. Just the plastic tube and some washers was all that was left. I grabbed some replacements from AutoZone (closest auto store to me at 8:30 PM). Drove back home and tossed them on. No more clank. 

Also, it's A/C is on the fritz like my '97. She's had her shop add R134a since it'll start blowing warm every so often. I charged the system with some R134a with UV dye and got it up to the recommended charge. Blows cold. Shut the truck down and inspected with a UV light. There's a note of UV dye around the face of the compressor clutch. :mellow: I'll let her know what's up so she can either fix it or let it be since it's a secondary vehicle.

1 person likes this

Drove the Marquis to the shop for A/C service.

Looks like I'll be driving the truck for the rest of the weekend. Apparently the compressor the shop got was bad out of the box, so it'll be staying there over the weekend. I didn't expect them to be trying for same day turnaround on my car, but they would have almost had it done by 5 PM (dropped the car off around 12:30) if it wasn't for that.

I'll just be happy my air will be working properly before it gets really hot.