• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at TaurusOwners@gmail.com and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

3917 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, blackout said:

16422616_1125136454265212_38958239172332side shot of fusion

So whose car is in your avatar?

i had this avatar before i owned the fusion 

Muh autocross:

4 people like this

That looks like a blast . I'd like to try some auto cross, too bad nothing like that ever happens around here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Installed Mark's retrofitted headlights. Did some minor tweaking just so they'd be balanced enough for a first test.

All I can say is DAMN! I don't know why I didn't pull the trigger on getting that done sooner. The low beams are so crisp, but such even and bright light output right where I need it. I've got to wire up the passenger side solenoid for the projector, so I have three high beams at the moment (I'll have four once the passenger side is hooked up). The two main highs, and the solenoid on the projector for the driver's side. There's light that floods everywhere! Absolutely awesome.

Spongebob-My-Eyes-Are-Burning.jpg

FWIW, viewing the car head on with the high beams on is a terrible idea now.

I'll try and get pictures tomorrow.

Edited by Kodachrome Wolf
4 people like this

6 hours ago, SoNic said:

That pattern looks like is for EU cars, not for US (DOT).

https://www.retrofitlab.com/blog/dot-vs-ece-beam-pattern/

They are DOT pattern. They don't have the hard uptick on the side like the ECE ones.

2 people like this

Washed the Marquis down. The front brake pads I have are super dusty. The amount of black that ran out from behind the hubcaps was amazing. Plenty of that stuff on the white walls, too. I like how good the pads work, but not a fan of the dust. I might try ceramic pads next time or see how Performance Friction's carbon metallic pads are. The NAPA semi-metallics weren't this dusty when I had them. The ones I have now are BrakeBest semi-metallics. Pads are cheap enough for me that if I actually get fed up enough I'll deal with it. It's merely an appearance over function thing right now.

I also stopped by and tensioned up the alternator on the wagon to get rid of the belt squeal on start up. Nice and quiet now. I grabbed its ancient spare from the back so I could air it up and clean it up. I've painted the rusty steel rim dark gray so it looks a bit better than before. I also cleaned the tire and scrubbed the white wall. I'll probably grab a new tire to replace the aged Michelin XH4 on there. It's a 205/75R15 tire with a DOT code ending in 5, so I reckon it can't be any newer than 1995.

Also, this weather is super nice. Pictures always look nicer with leaves on the trees and the warmth of things having color in the spring and summer.

2JA5sD.jpg

I would never run semi metallic pads of the d or mkd prefix.  I MIGHT use the SM series pads if the SC or C prefix pads are not available.  I run the commercial sales desk at my store and I only sell the d/mkd pads to car lots.  All my repair shops by the Selects or Wagner pads because you don't see near as many come backs.

2 people like this

IMG_2264.thumb.JPG.95ac932d59cea44d3da98d43833ee684.JPG

IMG_2265.thumb.JPG.adf79256943b978c46476ae68af2b04e.JPG

Today was definitely worth a few weeks of waiting... impatiently. I picked up my 5.0 GT this morning from a local specialty performance shop that I contracted to install welded full length subframe connectors, a Saleen Mustang FSTB, 1993 SVT Cobra rear disc brakes and master cylinder combined with 1986 Mustang SVO/Ford Motorsport front calipers on stock sized GT front rotors, Ford Racing proportioning valve, and rebuilding the 8.8" Traction-Lok rear axle with Ford Racing 3.73 gears (versus 2.73 stock), Ford Racing HD axle bearings/seals, and a Ford Racing carbon fiber LSD clutch kit that matches what the factory included on 1999+ SVT Cobra, Cobra R and GT500 differentials.

IMG_2266.thumb.JPG.abfe2d97623e557d6e4d05a43a527c99.JPG

IMG_2276.thumb.JPG.722cbc115ed91fc3a08d26a7980ed544.JPG

IMG_2278.thumb.JPG.87772bd7072971bc2d630d7ad48d7b37.JPG

IMG_2277.thumb.JPG.0460bb9dc0e89d4ac107d77bd8c527b0.JPG

IMG_2269.thumb.JPG.328ea84422a95c7d7292ccec2138dc29.JPG

IMG_2273.thumb.JPG.f6517b93331976b378287f2c10c5fae3.JPG

IMG_2274.thumb.JPG.07da59ab6a1bf7d640e41d3527913505.JPG

She's putting power down to the ground much better than before, and body stiffness, ride quality, cornering and braking have all improved. Of course, this car also got new front and rear suspension installed recently so it's got the whole finished package now.

Kevin also brought over the 2.3L LX since that car's interior is reassembled and the brakes are repaired and functioning properly. Both cars seem ready to undertake a road trip to the Carolinas in about 10 days...  

:creeper:

IMG_2280.thumb.JPG.3aa799e82899732a60b8932629ac2982.JPG

IMG_2283.thumb.JPG.2da9e278ff4242962ff43a3a613577f4.JPG

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

I would never run semi metallic pads of the d or mkd prefix.  I MIGHT use the SM series pads if the SC or C prefix pads are not available.  I run the commercial sales desk at my store and I only sell the d/mkd pads to car lots.  All my repair shops by the Selects or Wagner pads because you don't see near as many come backs.

My ISS gave me the same advice when I mentioned it. I'll see if I can warranty out the pads for something higher tier. I believe the fronts are of the MKD variety. I'll likely look into the Wagner line or the Performance Friction line. Apparently the Sheriff's Office garage likes using nothing but those Performance Friction pads on the Chargers. They were also using Wagner OEX pads on the Crown Victorias.

I'm curious of the composition of those NAPA pads I had. They were marked as semi-metallic, generated little dust, but had barely worn when I removed them and always resulted in a really hard pedal. They also didn't have really good bite, either.

Several changes to the car line up at my house. 

Some may recall I sold the '05 MB C230K. Dude wrecked it. Went to jail before paying remainder of balance. I never released the title, and the car is back in my possession. He has called from jail several times and claims he still wants to pay off the car once he is out. Too late dude. 

'12 VW SportWagen was returned to VW. Part of the "diesel-gate scandal". VW paid me $16k for the car with 155k miles, dents on every panel, and cracked windshield. No deductions were taken from the total price. 

'08 Volvo XC90 was totaled, again... Back in November the wife hit a deer and smashed the front end. Second time this has happened in 18 months. Body shop submitted estimate to insurance and it was going to be totaled. So, the resubmitted the estimate and got the job. Took longer than expected and once we got it back in January, things were not right. They stated they had trouble sourcing a hood and problems with the latch. The previous body shop also stated problems with the latch and they replaced it twice. We were unable to coordinate a time to return the vehicle. I warned my wife of the potential for the hood to fly up. Following an oil change, where the shop noted the faulty latch, the hood flew up at 65 mph, with our 10 month old son and 18 yo niece in the car. My wife remained calm and pulled off the highway safely. This time insurance sent their own adjuster out. He totaled the vehicle. Basically all it needed was a hood and windshield. The car was in excellent condition overall. Gap insurance covered us. I couldn't afford $3100 to buy it back.

So wife got a replacement ride.... 2014 MB C250, certified pre-owned, 16k miles, one owner lease from Beverly Hills, CA. Unlimited mileage warranty through 2022. 

I'm driving the '99 SVTC 3L. Just rolled 100k miles. 

I've added in channel vent visors and husky liners to the Fusion.  I got an excellent deal through keystone at work on the husky liners.  109.00 + tax for the front and rear set.  Now I don't have to worry about tracking dirt in on the black carpet. I should've gotten these for the Sable.  I also installed a Boomba racing blow off valve adapter.  Now it makes noise!  Since it's now venting to atmosphere it helps keep less blow by from coating the valves and creating carbon build up.  I may install the Boomba throttle body spacer.  I'm still on the fence on that one. 450 miles in and still really enjoying it.

Jeff

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Jeff said:

I've added in channel vent visors and husky liners to the Fusion.  I got an excellent deal through keystone at work on the husky liners.  109.00 + tax for the front and rear set.  Now I don't have to worry about tracking dirt in on the black carpet. I should've gotten these for the Sable.  I also installed a Boomba racing blow off valve adapter.  Now it makes noise!  Since it's now venting to atmosphere it helps keep less blow by from coating the valves and creating carbon build up.  I may install the Boomba throttle body spacer.  I'm still on the fence on that one. 450 miles in and still really enjoying it.

Jeff

That's something I want to do to the SHO. It has a BOV Recirculation system that vents it back into the intake. Which doesn't make nearly enough noise.

If you take the hose off and cap the piece that runs back into the intake then you can hear them!

1 person likes this

I purchased a spoiler for the Fusion tonight.  I originally thought about installing an OEM one, but those are quite big and require drilling(they do look really nice though).  I've drilled to install spoilers in the past and while I have no problem doing so....I just really didn't want to mess with it.  I settled on a lip spoiler exactly like the one mmmfloorpie put on his Fusion.  It's not big or flashy, but just enough to give the trunk some class and installs with 3M molding tape.  I bought it on ebay pre-painted so hopefully it will match.  I probably won't have it in time for the meet at Nicks.  I think now all I have left to do is drive it for a while, but I've already done more than I started out to do...so I might just keep going.  I really want the ambient lighting that comes standard on Titanium.   Ford sells a retrofit kit....so maybe that will be my next mod.

Jeff

2 people like this

11 hours ago, Jeff said:

I purchased a spoiler for the Fusion tonight.  I originally thought about installing an OEM one, but those are quite big and require drilling(they do look really nice though).  I've drilled to install spoilers in the past and while I have no problem doing so....I just really didn't want to mess with it.  I settled on a lip spoiler exactly like the one mmmfloorpie put on his Fusion.  It's not big or flashy, but just enough to give the trunk some class and installs with 3M molding tape.  I bought it on ebay pre-painted so hopefully it will match.  I probably won't have it in time for the meet at Nicks.  I think now all I have left to do is drive it for a while, but I've already done more than I started out to do...so I might just keep going.  I really want the ambient lighting that comes standard on Titanium.   Ford sells a retrofit kit....so maybe that will be my next mod.

Jeff

Only thing is the kit is a bit cheap for the price. You would be better off with RGB Led strips and a controller. 

On 3/5/2017 at 1:16 AM, Jeff said:

Jeff

You just answered your own question: "do what mmmfloorpie did to his Fusion" lol.

IMG-20170201-WA0018_zpsmc792fr7.jpg

IMG-20170201-WA0012_zps7iwcvd1z.jpg

IMG-20170201-WA0008_zpsi4y6sjcm.jpg

IMG-20170201-WA0014_zpspeewy2ld.jpg

$20 in LEDs from superbrightleds.com, $10 in those Scotch wire tap things, and a $20 12V circuit tester. My system is more complete than the Titanium's factory system as I have lights in the rear door panels too. You can't change the colour but there hasn't been a day gone by in the 2 years since I've done this where I said "jeeze, I wish I could change the colour".

They come on with the tail lights and when you open the doors so they are like entry/courtesy foot well lights too. I'm sure every owner of a G3 here remembers doing the foot light mod to their cars!

Posted (edited)

Updated the instrument cluster from the '87. Weak incandescent bulbs, color filters, and black needles made it hard to read the speed at night. White LED bulbs, removal of color filters, and orange colored needles should make reading the gauges easier now. The only backwards move was switching the LEDs out of the turn signal indicators for incandescent ones since those were really bright and would mess with your eyes while driving at night, especially when paired with a dimly lit panel.

Re-done needles:

1VzufeB.jpg

I really want to see how it looks in car at night with the lights, but that'll probably wait until this weekend. Some people might find the orange to clash since the original theme was black and silver, but it should help the needles stand out a bit from the back ground markings.

Edited by Kodachrome Wolf
2 people like this

I cut my Nick's meet visit to Saturday so I could play in the rain today!

a727ece266a356cb83985fa710f0c269.jpg

Sent from my Pocket Potato

2 people like this

Nice. 

Gary helped with my Mustang today during the meet, by adjusting the TV kickdown cable. The resulting change in acceleration and shifting gears is incredible!  

:drive:

My Mustang has arrived back home, with an additional ~2200 miles and large quantities of dirt and debris compared to when we left for the Carolinas a week ago... 

IMG_2400.thumb.JPG.84ea929b8e85a4e8177f73732f19019a.JPG

IMG_2396.thumb.JPG.6c35423f0fe7a239b8e445ec5b453a28.JPG

Unfortunately, the other thing that I managed to pick up on the return trip Monday had to be forcibly removed and the hole it left behind had to be patched. :mellow: That's some kind of construction screw that apparently ended up getting forced into my right rear tire... hex-head first. 

IMG_2394.thumb.JPG.d3996494fd124aa51efe9b4e6e126e24.JPG

IMG_2401.thumb.JPG.8a0d45f1cc2e9326d28c6a88793739fa.JPG

1 hour ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

My Mustang has arrived back home, with an additional ~2200 miles and large quantities of dirt and debris compared to when we left for the Carolinas a week ago... 

[snip]

Unfortunately, the other thing that I managed to pick up on the return trip Monday had to be forcibly removed and the hole it left behind had to be patched. :mellow: That's some kind of construction screw that apparently ended up getting forced into my right rear tire... hex-head first.

IMG_2401.thumb.JPG.8a0d45f1cc2e9326d28c6a88793739fa.JPG

That thing is almost as long as the nail I had in my tire some time ago. Always a plus when it's patchable, since no one likes having to get a new tire when it's not quite time yet.

BTW, was the return trip any better with the adjusted TV cable?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Kodachrome Wolf said:

That thing is almost as long as the nail I had in my tire some time ago. Always a plus when it's patchable, since no one likes having to get a new tire when it's not quite time yet.

BTW, was the return trip any better with the adjusted TV cable?

Very much so, yes. 

Took the old radio out of the '87 along with the radio bezel. The clip mount broke, so I need to glue that back on. Fun with 30 year old plastics... I have another Pioneer head unit that was laying about that will be going in. I will need to get the connector out of the '97. Hopefully I can wire the replacement in without too much frustration given the kuality wiring job done some time well before Nick or I ever got the car. Maybe I'll find the clipped wires for the door speakers later on and get that 6-speaker setup working again. For now, I'll live with the two dash and two rear cargo area speakers.

Also decided to take out this old lunchbox that was under the pop up rear seats. The mistake was opening said lunch box and finding what was once upon a time banana. It was some tiny, shriveled up, blackened object with a Chiquita sticker on it and it smelled terrible. It promptly was hurled into the trash can.

2 people like this

Happy Birthday present for you Zach!

wow that's yummy sounding - aged naner

2 people like this