• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Dadsoldtarus

Remove Radio Faceplate

5 posts in this topic

I have a 1999 Taurus with the factory AM/FM cassette radio. I cracked the faceplate during my first attempt to remove the radio, and a couple of the buttons fell out. How do I remove the faceplate so that I can re-install the buttons?

Any help would be appreciated.

You need a pair of DIN radio tools. However, a couple 4 inch nails work in a pinch. Once the head unit is out, you can disassemble it to remove the face plate.

h150DINTOOL.jpeg

I now have the tool and have no trouble removing the radio from the dash. I have removed most of the screws from the back of the unit after removing it from the dash, but none of them seem to be holding the face plate on the unit. I seem to be missing something, but I don't want to damage the face plate further.

Greg

I don't think the faceplate is removeable, at least whenever I do mine the plate stays on the radio. I would suggest going to a local pick and pull and get another one, they aren't much around 20.00. You can get either the one with the CD controls or without they are the same, just don't get the auto temp one

The faceplate is definitely held in with screws. However, there is a circuit board connection that is very tightly fitted, so it makes removing the faceplate a bit cumbersome. So long as you are sure you removed all the small torx screws holding the faceplate onto the radio assembly, shimmy around the edge to life the button/faceplate part away from the circuit board.