Sign in to follow this  
Miniwelnick

Wtb: Throttle Cable

So I bought a 60mm TB a while ago, and I was fully planning on installing it, until I found the cable ends were different... dry.gif I wanted to go back to the junkyard to pick up the cable, but I haven't had time with work and with school just starting I won't have time for a while. I've tried looking online but everywhere I look its like $30-40... I was wondering if anyone has a spare lying around they wouldn't mind selling me. Message meh with what you think a good price might be. Thanks!

Sean T. and I will be going Saturday, and I'll check if I can find one. I don't know how much time or how hard it is to pull it, so if somebody has some instructions for removing it I'd appreciate it.

It's really easy, I'm going to get a few pictures of where to unbolt, what to take off, etc. Thanks!

Edited by Miniwelnick

Dangit, I forgot my car is gone today. I found a few pictures on google and I'll try to describe in detail the process. So the cable itself should be from a G3 duratec engine. Look for the throttle body, pull off the plastic cover, and there should be something like this:

62217tbireturn1.jpg

The very top arrow is pointing to the metal ending of the throttle cable, which can be pulled out by pivoting the cable end through a hole in the pivoting TB arm. The cable continues through an insulted tube (black foam) through the firewall into the passenger compartment, where it is attached to the very top of the gas pedal assembly by what I'm assuming is a bolt. I've only taken a couple glances at the gas pedal end, so I'm not completely sure of whats down there. I will get some specific pictures of both ends as soon as I get my car back.

Edit: So I took a look at both both ends and it appears they are both very simple to remove. The gas pedal end is connected by a plastic washer type thing that can be pulled off.

picture174j.jpg

The TB end is just a twist and remove.

picture172y.jpg

Edited by Miniwelnick