mmmfloorpie

Sporadic Creak In Rear

Hi All, I've read a lot of topics about people hearing noises from their rear suspension but none are quite like I'm experiencing.

VERY occasionally I'll be driving and everything is fine. I'll come to a stop at a stop sign or a red light. As soon as I begin to move again, however, I'll hear this very slight creaking/grinding noise from the driver's side rear suspension. It's very quiet too and not easy to hear, but is noticeable. It usually happens on the first or second stop of the journey too... So maybe it's a brake problem, I don't know?

When I got out of the car the other day, I pressed down on the driver side rear fender and made the car spring up and down. No noises or weird sounds heard.

Any ideas?

Hi All, I've read a lot of topics about people hearing noises from their rear suspension but none are quite like I'm experiencing.

VERY occasionally I'll be driving and everything is fine. I'll come to a stop at a stop sign or a red light. As soon as I begin to move again, however, I'll hear this very slight creaking/grinding noise from the driver's side rear suspension. It's very quiet too and not easy to hear, but is noticeable. It usually happens on the first or second stop of the journey too... So maybe it's a brake problem, I don't know?

When I got out of the car the other day, I pressed down on the driver side rear fender and made the car spring up and down. No noises or weird sounds heard.

Any ideas?

After driving the vehicle awhile, stop and feel the temperature of the left rear wheel hub and compare it to the right rear wheel hub.

If the left rear wheel is hotter, you most likely have a dragging brake.

Do you have rear disks or drums?

I had a previous sable that had rear caliper slide pins that were corroded and causing the rear brake to drag.

After driving the vehicle awhile, stop and feel the temperature of the left rear wheel hub and compare it to the right rear wheel hub.

If the left rear wheel is hotter, you most likely have a dragging brake.

Do you have rear disks or drums?

I had a previous sable that had rear caliper slide pins that were corroded and causing the rear brake to drag.

Drums.

do a thorough inspection. end links tight? sway bar bushings good? struts good? no broken springs? etc.