Rusty

Junkyard Pics

From today. I visited two J/Ys today to find my coil pack to test. Got some pics of cars I hate to see in there. Went to Prospect Auto Parts, in Gettysburg, after goin to Eichelbergers in Spring Grove.

Ciera 4banger

0806111030.jpg

87 Century coupe :(

0806111033a.jpg

89/90? Grand Prix coupe...

0806111034.jpg

...with a complete interior in nice shape

0806111034a.jpg

90ish Toronado. Been there for a while now

0806111036.jpg

Mid-90's Cutlass Supreme...

0806111038a.jpg

With a beautiful, near-mint burgandy leather interior :(

0806111038.jpg

96-98 Monte bright red

0806111042.jpg

This has been here for awhile, too. Lumina Z34 :whine:

0806111043.jpg

Now a couple Fords in Gettysburg:

80/81 Pinto hatch. 99% complete

0806111204.jpg

And lastly a beaten down Gen2 SHO -_-

0806111206.jpg

Prospect Auto Parts is a very clean joint, and I plan to return there sometime soon, to salvage some stuff. Maybe three50one would like to join me.

Edited by Rusty

Peeled back behind the corner light. Basically wasted.

Why no pictures of that amazing Thunderbird to the right of that Taurus?

Also, everytime I see a Buick Century, I think of this

• Like 1

It was ripped up.

What a shame :(

Poor Thunderbird...

My son and I stopped at Harry's Pick-n-Pull in Allentown, PA today and continued our search for a door for our Jasper Green Lumina with manual windows. Lots of Luminas in every color of the rainbow, but none for us. Plenty of Tauruses and Sables, as usual. They had a little Jeep station wagon that came in yesterday from a dealer auction, completely cleaned and detailed, already in the yard being picked over. What a shame that it's at the end of its road.

I'll keep an eye out next time I'm out junkin, Harold. Which door, and what years will fit?

Edited by Rusty

I'm willing to go junkyarding. I usually go to Chaz's U pull it in Taneytown, Md. though. As long as I have time. Parts I need are rare though. Thinking about just making them with different mounting points rather then searching for hens teeth.

If you ever want to go to Chaz's just head down 15 S hit Taneytown Road exit, take a left into Md, enjoy the twisties and 55 MPH country road that you're on, come to a point where you stop at a stop sign and have to go left into town or right down 140, take right, go down road, arrive, cry at the GM section. Not a lot of G4s there though.

Never been to prospect to be honest. That the one right off 30?

Never been to Chaz's. Yeah, it's right on 30 in Gettysburg/New Oxford. Probly close to you, eh?

http://www.yellowpages.com/new-oxford-pa/mip/prospect-metal-co-462377726/map?lid=462377726#

Eh, I moved and just never updated my stuff. I'm in Waynesboro now.

That's the one I was thinking of. There is a guy with a dyno out that way as well. What were the prices? Chazs is pretty cheap.

Ah, ok. Decent. At Eichelberger's I would have probably walked away with the coil pack for $5, Baughmans wanted to sell me one for $60 w/ 6mo warranty (bullsh*t, I can get one new for around $100). Prospect was $25.

Rusty,

I'm looking for the passenger's front door. Jasper Green was available from late 1997 to 2000. The tough part is finding a manual window door. Most of them had power windows.

OK well I have seen some odd vehicles at my regular stop, so I will keep an eye open for you. Assuming you would be willing to make the drive to pick it up :D (I ain't prepared to ship a door :rofl: )

Nope. Just a big non-***-korean-car fan :D