Rusty

The Official Dang Near Anything Thread

IMAG0094.jpg

took the my mountain bike out for the first time sine completely rebuilding and upgrading it back when i was like 15. seems like years ago.

went up to a trail up in York, rides smooth. but burned up brakes going down a hill,

Made a pat to my self that i will lose some weight and get my 6 pack back.

looks like i'm need new brakes before i can ride again

Made a pat to my self that i will lose some weight and get my 6 pack back.

:ph34r:

porter6pack1.jpg

:ph34r:

porter6pack1.jpg

don't think that type will last long. but ok

vIkk4HKfsff48dmtlqdpAaXVo1_500.jpg

unsure.gif

this man is a genius, not only did he come with a way to have a six-pack without working out, but at the same time he came up with a way to have easy access to his beers at the same time. we are looking at the king of awesome right here.:lol:

Here's my bike:

Its for downhill and I love it. Its my baby wub.gif

show off.:unsure:

this mine when i got it from before i rebuild it. bone stock from Walmart

IM000183.jpg

some of the parts

IM000607.jpg

IM000612.jpg

IM000615.jpg

after

IM000664-1.jpg

IM000656.jpg

IM000649.jpg

IM000648.jpg

got rid of the s**tty stock front disc brakes and replace them with hydraulic disc brakes with a 180mm rotor

pretty much went ham on it upgraded everything on it.. added 2 more gears to make it a 9 speed. got

i build this bike for some hardcore trail riding back when i was 15. them were the days back when i had money flying out my ass to drop $2000 into a $250 mongoose :lol: now I'm broke as hell.

Edited by BIGCJ

Now put a second rotor/caliper assy on the other side... No need for back brakes anyway.

Hahaha! I had a couple of beater bikes before that one. Like you said, I bought this when I had more than enough money from work and was still in high school... those were the good days... whine.gif Anyhow, you got some niiiice components on that thing. Bet it shifts reeeal smooth now huh? laugh.gif

I've got a Trek. I love it. I've had it for must be 8 years now.

Dad bought us each one through a rewards program at work. We do have a local Trek shop though! I should go get some new accessories or something this summer. I haven't been in there in a long time. They were shipped to us and we had to build them. It was pretty fun!

Nice! It sounds like its definitely one of the higher quality treks. And definitely! Mtn biking is really fun and actually addictive... ph34r.gif

564777_3421860139771_1068235184_3304822_1442684871_n.jpg

Here it is! I don't know a lot about bikes... but it says 800 on it.... I originally had a silver one, but quickly realized it was too small so we ordered this black one which was slightly larger (21.5" I think?) It came with paddle shifters but I liked my handle-twist shifters better so Dad swapped them onto this frame.

I added the TREK cupholder, a vintage shelf on the back (off one of my Dad's old bikes) and a bunch of reflective stripes (Which I plan on taking off and redoing this summer)

And of course a gel seat cover.

Hahaha! I had a couple of beater bikes before that one. Like you said, I bought this when I had more than enough money from work and was still in high school... those were the good days... whine.gif Anyhow, you got some niiiice components on that thing. Bet it shifts reeeal smooth now huh? laugh.gif

i got tons of bikes that i build, that was 30th i build so i went top line on pretty much everything trust me on the trail it rides like a dream, like riding on a cloud. you almost can't feel it shift

@Sean, You're gonna need that gel cover with that hardtail... laugh.gif

@CJ, I know how that is! I was just window shopping for bikes a while ago, went to wally world and then my LBS, HUGE difference. The better bikes from the bike shop were like riding a cloud... I got my DH offa cragies for $500 bucks. $10 later and its working good as new haha happy.gif

Can any of you suggest a good onboard computer? Just a really simple one. The local shop has Bontrager Trip 1's for 22.50 which is a good price... Anybody have suggestions?

I'm thinking of a blue under seat storage unit to match my frame, something like the Bontrager Pro Pack 50, but apparently you can't order the colored ones. You just have to find the color you want in a store :/

Can any of you suggest a good onboard computer? Just a really simple one. The local shop has Bontrager Trip 1's for 22.50 which is a good price... Anybody have suggestions?

I'm thinking of a blue under seat storage unit to match my frame, something like the Bontrager Pro Pack 50, but apparently you can't order the colored ones. You just have to find the color you want in a store :/

http://www.target.com/p/Bell-Wireless-Speedometer-Black/-/A-13290178?reco=Rec|pdp|13290178|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

this is a newer version of the one i have on my bike . has a lot of stuff. temperature,calories burned, RPM, lots more.

now that I'm getting back into trail riding, I'm finish this bike up by upgrading the forks and rear shock.

also getting some new brakes Shimano BR- M785. sine i kinda melted the old ones.

DAMN FRIDAY THE 13th. this is the story went trail riding today. was very good at fist great views

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

most fun i ever had on the trail these were some of the hardest and longest i ever been on brought out a lo of the weak points like my jacked up brakes

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

this it happen about 3 to 5 miles in no tools no water nothing.

IMAG0104.jpg

yeah i'm holding the chain in my hand. broke after hitting a rock, it took almost two hours to make it back to the car. climbing a trails that were almost vertical

i will never do that again next I'm making sure i have the right stuff.

Not all bad i found the weak points and with that i can now make it stronger. really need brakes and a chain, but the forks got to go, knock off rock shocks ain't doing s**t.

these should do the job.

1236962133818-1w0ghdfzpd756-399-75.jpg

First time ever in my life, been driving for over 9 years now:

IMG_0240.jpg

So its raining pretty hard down here in Socal, and yesterday my buddy decides is the day for me to change his rear brakes. It's noonish when he comes over, and I had no idea it was going to rain. He has drum brakes (even more fun) on the back, so I get cracking and pull the thing apart. The entire reason I pulled it apart was because some kid at an oil change shop basically made him freak out, saying his rear brakes only had like 4mm left (stupid retard, that's what drum brakes look like). My buddy only tells me this after the thing is completely apart, so I'm like, whatever, I'll just do it anyway cus I have the thing open. At this moment, it starts sprinkling, and I start thinking I gotta get going because its gonna rain. No sooner had I thought that than the most unholy downpour of water from the heavens opens up. So I run inside and grab a tent/awning thing so I can keep working, while all my tools are outside getting soaked. I get back outside, set the tent up, and get back to work. Drum brake springs never want to cooperate dry.gif, but I get it back together and have my buddy test it before I put the drum and wheel back on. Turns out, his slave cylinder in the brake was gone, because I got sprayed with brake fluid when he tested them. dry.gif After this, we get to oreillys and pick up another part, get back, and I get to work again. As I pull off the broken cylinder, the wind and rain strike at the same time in some evil coordinated manner and fling my tent into the next yard while getting me even more soaked. Now I'm thinking, screw it, I'll keep working without the tent. In the rain I get the cylinder back on, bled the brakes, and put everything back together, just as the rain stops. All this took place over the course of 3-4 hours...

DAMN FRIDAY THE 13th. this is the story went trail riding today. was very good at fist great views

IMAG0096.jpg

Psssht! You and your modern-style rack on the back of your bike! Vintage is the way to go!

Psssht! You and your modern-style rack on the back of your bike! Vintage is the way to go!

you mad? it gets the job done, you know. vintage and modern don't mix well. i should off my bike collection <_<

i got a little of everything

rofl.gif

This is NSFW.

Why, you may be asking?

Because I can't stop laughing! Hahahahaha