The Official Dang Near Anything Thread

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting a new business with an old friend. He currently owns and operates a small auto repair shop in south Austin. His current location is too small to meet demand so he has been wanting to expand.

Finally looking at a job "upgrade", at least for me. Got a conditional job offer from O'Reilly Auto Parts making considerably more than what I do now at Zaxby's with the added potential of being able

Its a rental car, remember it gets the piss beat out of it... Don't be gentle its a rental.

Posted Images

Going to get this sucker bolted up next week!

ku-medium.jpg

This is not photoshop...its from a locomotive:

original.jpg

In the video the guy said he fired it up, and blipped the throttle. The front wheels came off the ground one inch and it blew both head gaskets.

Edited by breeves002

Probably doesn't help I grew up watching Beavis and Butt-Head :lol:

Or when I used to work at the AutoZone, I purposely would face the Glass Wipes to look like this:

Photo0010.jpg

I don't know but the Lumina held up pretty well, better than the truck. Bent his frame and everything.

Haha a Lumina? Wow. I wouldn't ever be interested in. Silverado or GM line of truck like that. I've seen firsthand the cheapness of them and haven't been impressed.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/01/ice_buildup_on_susquehanna_riv.html#incart_river_default

I'm always a little awestruck by the power of nature when the Susquehanna River freezes up. Next problem is going to be ice jams when it starts melting and breaking up.  Next is flooding. I live close enough to enjoy the river every day but far away from the potential damage it can cause. 

I was going to take some pics down at the boat ramp, but police where there barricading it. "Move along, nothing to see here...." and I'm getting over the flu and don't need to be out in the cold and damp.   :angry: I'm sick of being sick. 

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/01/ice_buildup_on_susquehanna_riv.html#incart_river_default

I'm always a little awestruck by the power of nature when the Susquehanna River freezes up. Next problem is going to be ice jams when it starts melting and breaking up. Next is flooding. I live close enough to enjoy the river every day but far away from the potential damage it can cause.

I was going to take some pics down at the boat ramp, but police where there barricading it. "Move along, nothing to see here...." and I'm getting over the flu and don't need to be out in the cold and damp. :angry: I'm sick of being sick.

I hear you on being sick, I was ill for over a week. Fought it off pretty well with antibiotics and rest. Quite a few off from work sick as well.

Thanks for the link to the ice pics, I liked the one with the train passing over the ice chunked river.

Edited by mh488

Yes, noticed. Friend looking for a cheap car. Doesn't need it to last more than a year or so. Just wondering if there is anything to look out for if he goes and checks it out.

Crappy ass transmission?

Edited by breeves002

Looks good but a ton of miles. My kids jeep has 200K miles and runs good, not sure about exploders with that mileage.

Does it have a detailed service history?

Edited by mh488

I'd have it inspected but honestly that's a pretty decent vehicle for the money, IMO.

2cyml1w.jpg

I detailed a 2013 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost. It only has 8200 miles on it but it's been off road and used as a work truck. There was mud inside, all over the place. Took me all day, but it genuinely looks new again.

I plan to advise him to get WeatherTec floor mats for it, if he has any inclination of preserving the interior to any degree. 

Yes, it has body damage, it was sideswiped by a Mercedes-Benz and forced into a guardrail. It will be getting repaired next week. 

Edited by JohnTaurus

"Price is non negotiable $6,500.00 no more no less."

Damn I was ready to pay more too.... oh well.

If I had tons of cash I'd buy it then videotape it being blown to bits buy a tank on an military range. Then send the video back to the owner.