The Official Dang Near Anything Thread

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting a new business with an old friend. He currently owns and operates a small auto repair shop in south Austin. His current location is too small to meet demand so he has been wanting to expand.

Finally looking at a job "upgrade", at least for me. Got a conditional job offer from O'Reilly Auto Parts making considerably more than what I do now at Zaxby's with the added potential of being able

Its a rental car, remember it gets the piss beat out of it... Don't be gentle its a rental.

Posted Images

It was originally used on the Volvo sedans, though. They weren't as bad.

I kinda like the big design on the Gen 6. I didn't at first, but it's really grown on me over the last year.

Yah, but the S60 and S80 aren't near as tall, or at least they don't appear to have that bloated appearance.

I'll just buy Panthers and D186 bulls for as long as I can as daily drivers...

None of the newer stuff interests me as a daily driver really.

• Like 2

Lee got here today and we've changed a flat tire on the Acura, played Gran Turismo 6, and done some networking stuff. Have a few things on the agenda for tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't snow too much tonight!

960F71B2-A1AC-4325-A131-E73ED47F5A32_zps

Better pics to come tomorrow!

I wouldn't worry Sam, your buddy has Wisconsin plates so he can probably handle that little baby snow.

• Like 2

Look at the current Taurus design, probably the worst for rear visibility in its class.

When I drove the 2010 SHO, it would have been impossible to back into the parking space without the rearview camera. And changing lanes on the highway was accomplished by zooming by anything in front of me. The blind spot is humongous.

I kinda like the big design on the Gen 6. I didn't at first, but it's really grown on me over the last year.

Same here.

Having driven the parents' 2012 quite a bit, (and we drove a gen 5 before buying it, mom didn't care for it) I think the visibility isn't that bad. The backup sensors work well in parking lots and the like, none of us feel uncomfortable driving it. Are there other cars with better visibility? Well, sure, but it's not that terrible on the gen 6.

I think the styling of the gen 6 is what sold it to my parents. Like I said, I brought them a gen 5 to drive and they were unimpressed. When I showed a picture of the 2012 to my mom, her first words were "wow, that's a nice car!" She certainly didn't have that to say about the gen 5 I brought here, nor the gen 5 Sable I showed her on the computer.

She was so impressed with the 2012's looks alone that she said that if I could sell her 2008 Grand Marquis, she'd buy it. So, I did and she did.

Riddle me this.

My now ancient (at least from a technology standpoint) MessagePad 130, running Newton OS 2.0, which came out in 1996, allows me to duplicate a calendar event in the Dates program and put it on another day.

My iPad Air, running software developed in 2013, can not do this in its Calendar program.

Why, Apple, why? It's to the point where I'm probably just going to stick with the MessagePad when it comes to a datebook!

I think the last calendar program I used regularly was Now Up-To-Date from Now Utilities which I'm pretty sure went out of business a long time ago, and I seem to recall that duplicating an event was pretty easy to do.

Riddle me this.

My now ancient (at least from a technology standpoint) MessagePad 130, running Newton OS 2.0, which came out in 1996, allows me to duplicate a calendar event in the Dates program and put it on another day.

My iPad Air, running software developed in 2013, can not do this in its Calendar program.

Why, Apple, why? It's to the point where I'm probably just going to stick with the MessagePad when it comes to a datebook!

If you do it in Outlook, and tell your iDevice to sync calendar with Outlook, problem solved :)

Today to the bone surgeon for my right shoulder. Maybe 10% use of that due to pain.

X-Ray and evaluation and got a shot of cortizone.

Feeling better already.

Told to do my PT exercises.

Maybe be ready for the spring maint in time.

I have been using my left hand for ign, shift, seat belt. Not real handy.

-chart-

OK now up to maybe 40% shoulder use,  and today went out and shoveled that forecast of rain off the drive.

Somehow that rain came down white.

-chart-

OK now up to maybe 40% shoulder use,  and today went out and shoveled that forecast of rain off the drive.

Somehow that rain came down white.

-chart-

Glad to hear your shoulder is a little better. Our parts wear out over time just like the cars, however the autoparts are a lot easier to have repaired or replaced.

I got another gallon of adams stuff and some more microfiber. With all the crap falling out of the sky and crap going down on the roads I haven't been pulling this cart out much to clean... Will come out again in the spring!

4155A36D-AA39-496F-90D9-732C94AF7A26_zps

GM is recalling 370,000 Silverados and Sierras (2014 MY) for fires due to exhaust overheating. V6 and 5.3L ECOTEC engines only.

They'll just reprogram the computers to fix it, looks like.

GM's recommendation for now is "Don't leave it idling alone". :D  (I guess the fires were in really cold areas, so people were letting the trucks idle for a long time to thaw.)

That recall said it was overheating exhaust components, that had to be something with poor egr flow or VCT holding back too much combustion gas.

GM's testing seems to be going well. They had 370,000 participants.

Anyway...

Almost ended up in a serious accident today. I was in the E-150 coming back from a UPS drop off, stopped at a four way, then pulled out as it was my turn. Person coming down the road to my right blows through the stop sign doing about 35 in a 25. Luckily I'd seen them looking like they were going to go through and had already moved my foot to the brake. Ended up needing to stop pretty quickly.

Other car had two occupants, 70's or older. Neither were buckled, the wife had to put both hands on the dash to stop from slamming into it when the husband locked the brakes up.

They were driving one of these:

chevy_tahoe_rental_lg1.jpg

I hate Tahoes more than any other car, including the Camry. Because it seems like they have the worst drivers imaginable. Today only served to reconfirm that for me.

If the accident had happened, I'd hate to think of how it would have been if I'd been in the Taurus.

This truck belongs to a kid I graduated high school with, he pulled over along the highway to do something and was rear ended.

Like A Rock...

1601222_10152139147676215_651762134_n.jp

GMs Idea of a leaf spring, folded up like butter.

1549518_10152139149766215_787476241_n.jp

1526645_10152139147391215_347275143_n.jp

Funniest part, this was all made possible by a Lumina.

1534350_10152139146846215_1616022444_n.j

Wait 1 on some interesting pics involving a new Chevy product.

This truck belongs to a kid I graduated high school with, he pulled over along the highway to do something and was rear ended.

Like A Rock...

1601222_10152139147676215_651762134_n.jp

GMs Idea of a leaf spring, folded up like butter.

1549518_10152139149766215_787476241_n.jp

1526645_10152139147391215_347275143_n.jp

Good lord....how fast were the people that hit him going?