Rusty

The Official Dang Near Anything Thread

9a9yrema.jpg

V60 Polestar

Turbo I6, AWD, 350bhp 370 foot pounds, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. Omg someone needs to buy me one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 97SHO476
  • Like 1

None of them. But Chrysler/Fiat doesn't want current Jeep owners. They want to create new "Jeep" buyers by offering the same rubbish FWD cars everyone else is selling masquerading as Jeeps. History be damned.

So that will work as well as it did for Ford when they tried to position the Gen 3 as a car for the Toyota and Honda lovers, rather than as a car their base wanted?

Jeep threw out their true fans when they started putting IRS on the GC, what maybe 10 years ago.

If they were to keep Jeep selling "real" jeeps they would have to go through a major downsize.  There are not that many people who will be buying offroad ready vehicles that ride like trash and have no modern features, such as A/C and cruise control.

9a9yrema.jpg

V60 Polestar

Turbo I6, AWD, 350bhp 370 foot pounds, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. Omg someone needs to buy me one!

I have been drooling over this all day. Need to get my S60 into those power numbers....

• Like 1

Traditional Jeep buyers still have the Wrangler. This isn't the first time Jeep has fielded a FWD-based crossover, the Patriot and Compass were pretty weak attempts. At least the new Cherokee is competent for what it is.

There are Jeep Cherokee faithful that call the 1980-1990s Unibody "XJ" vehicle blasphemy, since it's radically different than the first vehicle called Jeep Cherokee.

1977_AMC_Jeep_Cherokee_Chief_401_V8_4x4_

Jeep badly needed a smaller entry with better gas mileage to compete with Ford Escape, Honda CR-V and Toyota Rav4 and to replace the horrible Compass, Liberty, and Patriot.

I have been drooling over this all day. Need to get my S60 into those power numbers....

It's going to be an amazing car. I'm so glad it's coming to the states. And maybe it will encourage the return of hot wagons!

The Commander wasn't real great either. Honestly, Daimler was terrible for Chrysler. Cerberus wasn't much better, and Fiat is just making things worse.

My aunt had a Commander, it was horrible. Nothing, NOTHING was lit up at night. You couldn't find wipers, rear defrost, etc. at night without turning on the overhead lamp. It had a V8 but was slow and got gas mileage like you'd expect from something shaped like a brick: Terrible. The third-row seat was unusable by anybody over the age of two. Crosswinds tossed it around at highway speeds, and at 50,000 miles, it started burning oil. She traded it in on a Ford F-150 SuperCrew and couldn't be happier.

So that will work as well as it did for Ford when they tried to position the Gen 3 as a car for the Toyota and Honda lovers, rather than as a car their base wanted?

They tried it once already with the Compass, which was one of the single worst cars ever to come out of Chrysler. I'm not sure if they consider that one a success or not, but they're still building it for some reason.

The Commander wasn't real great either. Honestly, Daimler was terrible for Chrysler. Cerberus wasn't much better, and Fiat is just making things worse.

Eh, I don't know about that last part, I think that without Fiat's cash, they wouldn't have had the money to successfully launch their current best sellers, namely the new Ram, Grand Cherokee, and Dart. I know the Dart isn't exactly setting the world on fire, but it is doing better as of late and I think there is hope for it. The Grand Cherokee pictured above has been a resounding success for Jeep. And, the much-anticipated replacement for the Chrysler 200 is about to launch.  Chrysler is doing better than it has in a long, long time.

the much-anticipated replacement for the Chrysler 200 is about to launch

Wait, Chrysler is getting rid of the 200? They just introduced it in 2010...

The 200 is just a re-skinned Chrysler Sebring. Admittedly, it does look better than the Sebring, but then again, everything else did, too. The next 200 is not derived from some old stretched Mitsubishi platform that the current one is.

Here is a spy photo of the next-gen Chrysler 200:

chrysler-200-spy-shots-1.JPG

Edited by JohnTaurus

That's basically what it is, but will offer their excellent 3.6L Pentastar V-6 and a 9-speed automatic. Hopefully, it will be more refined as well, because the Fusion and Accord certainly are.

Eh, I don't know about that last part, I think that without Fiat's cash, they wouldn't have had the money to successfully launch their current best sellers, namely the new Ram, Grand Cherokee, and Dart. I know the Dart isn't exactly setting the world on fire, but it is doing better as of late and I think there is hope for it. The Grand Cherokee pictured above has been a resounding success for Jeep. And, the much-anticipated replacement for the Chrysler 200 is about to launch. Chrysler is doing better than it has in a long, long time.

Agreed. I generally hate all things made by Chrysler but for the first time in a long time, they seem to be actually trying with some of their cars. The new Viper is case in point. The last one wasn't a bad car, but it wasn't great. For the new one, they took the core qualities of the old car and got rid of all the rough spots. It now has a pretty decent interior, it's actually a lot more of a drivers car than it used to be. I'll admit, the V10 isn't what you can call modern, a smaller engine with higher volumetric efficiency would be better for weight reasons, but it does work.

• Like 1

Well the foot of snow we were supposed to get ended up just being a bunch of rain and a scary amount of wind. The SHO has been relocated to as close to the house as possible lol. That way it's less likely for tree limbs to fall on it. utyvydaj.jpg

I was standing in the doorway when I took that pic lol.

Edited by 97SHO476

Accepted a new job offer last night. Submitted my resignation today. That was tough and emotional. 10 years. Some of the people are like family. But I can't handle the politics anymore, I'm just here to treat patients. New job is a two hour commute but it's worth it to get away from all these old headaches. Really just one person. I've been banging my head against that wall for too long. Pays a little bit more which offsets the fuel costs. This was a strategic plan. This new hospital system is constructing a brand new facility minutes from my home which should be completed within a year. I got my foot in the door. Sad that this place pays me more as a new hire than the other place paid after a decade of dedication and loyalty. I'm excited and anxious. New adventures.

• Like 1

Wow, 10 years is a long time. Good luck at your new job, and try to enjoy your new commute, lol.

I'm upset with the stupid case I got for my iPad Air. I was happy because it retained the fourfold design of the older covers despite the smaller size of the Air, and had a hard plastic shell for the rear. It stood perfectly, was nice, and was a good price.

Except I just pulled it off to discover that the plastic had a defect and scratched the chamfered edge on the front... sad.gif

Been repairing a couple bridges at a lumber mill. One got new decking and this one needed some reinforcing for the heavy equipment that crosses it. I cut all the plates and welded just under half of them on. Just for size that wagner log stacker carries a full logging truck load.

70995DF8-B098-4C2A-BDF6-423660E26507_zps

9782703C-18F1-4E31-A1C7-6ABE8EBA05CA_zps

A6696E2F-62EE-4DBE-8186-227917997565_zps

Someone inside Kia/Hyundai has spies inside Ford. Or they're getting info somehow. This is getting pathetic.

2013 Fusion:

2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-side-view-1024x6

"New" Kia K900

140278_Kia_presente_a_Los_Angeles_sa_gra

Front of Fusion:

front_driver_side_view.jpg

Front of Kia:

kia-k900_17682226.jpg

Rear of Fusion:

2013_ford_fusion_rear_three_quarters_vie

Kia:

Kia-K900-2.jpg

Here's the Optima thrown in for good measure:

2013-kia-optima_100421555_l.jpg

Could they at least not be so utterly blatant about it? Are there honest businesses in South Korea? Because between Kia and Samsung, it sure doesn't seem like it...

Wouldn't be the first time Kia did it.

1999_kia_sephia-pic-7980626386451059589.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

• Like 1