• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Rusty

The Official Dang Near Anything Thread

7764 posts in this topic

Congrats☺. Yes, I haven't been here in a year or so, but your post came up in my email. AWD Mazda Tribute w/5 Spd still going strong...

Following in the footsteps of @TaurusKev I handed in my resignation letter - last day is September 8th at the current job!

Very excited, my new commute is 5 miles round trip!

1 person likes this

Congrats!!!! My boss isn't too happy, as we are going to be 3 people short with an already understaffed IT department. My commute is now from 30 minutes to an hour for school. Quite frankly, not my problem. Had the company taken better care of me, and offered better incentives to stay, I wouldn't have thought about leaving IT, but when you got someone who can fix virtually any issue, and pay em as much as the guy who can't even use a Windows Registry or do simple hardware diagnostics... Means I was doing double duty...

Thankfully, with me commuting and having my wife's insurance, my tuition isn't terrible. By the end of school, my student loans will be about the cost of a brand new base model Ford Taurus SE. Not terrible thankfully. Hopefully I am able to locate a good part time gig, or go back to doing side IT setup for businesses.

1 person likes this

IMG_3469.JPG.450a1eadd452cb27d8814a5c1aa539f1.JPG

I spent today at the Chicago lakefront, watching Mustangs and Raptors... :P 

On 8/18/2017 at 9:14 PM, SHOenough said:

Following in the footsteps of @TaurusKev I handed in my resignation letter - last day is September 8th at the current job!

Very excited, my new commute is 5 miles round trip!

congrats!  Nothing like a short commute. Hope all goes well for you.

1 person likes this

I saw this on the Internets.

kI015XL.jpg

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

Congrats!!!! My boss isn't too happy, as we are going to be 3 people short with an already understaffed IT department. My commute is now from 30 minutes to an hour for school. Quite frankly, not my problem. Had the company taken better care of me, and offered better incentives to stay, I wouldn't have thought about leaving IT, but when you got someone who can fix virtually any issue, and pay em as much as the guy who can't even use a Windows Registry or do simple hardware diagnostics... Means I was doing double duty...

Thankfully, with me commuting and having my wife's insurance, my tuition isn't terrible. By the end of school, my student loans will be about the cost of a brand new base model Ford Taurus SE. Not terrible thankfully. Hopefully I am able to locate a good part time gig, or go back to doing side IT setup for businesses.

I understand! I was over the infrastructure for 3 sites, and then the global Citrix environment, and then they threw the design and implementation of a new production machine on top of my responsibilities. I was working 60+ hour weeks, commuting 94 miles a day and when I asked for some help they flat out told me no.

I'm going to work for a MSP, and I'm very excited about it!

2 people like this

Ahh, great. Mr. Regular has finally done an SHO review. 

Early morning shoot out next to busland yesterday. I couldn't get in the back gate to the shop so had to go around. Got on the 6 pm crime news video. My one second of fame. :P

Don't let that nice office building fool you. The neighborhood is a real crime  pit. :quickdraw:

599de88b1bf5d_cameronst.jpg.2791844c9347aa745406947d6aa2de89.jpg

4 people like this

I bought a table for my car. Greatest purchase ever.

Pk35ppz.jpg

Goes on the bottom of the steering wheel and it'll support a heavy laptop. Also, for those who remember the Buick, it no longer smells inside. Smells like a normal leather car. And I've been too busy to pull the interior and do a full detail on the interior. Think it just needed some good airing out. I generally leave the windows cracked in the parking garage too for extra airing out.

2 people like this

Love is parking next to another B Body :)

29NvyiL.jpg

I would love to take their hood :ph34r:

87AB3D26-085E-4987-BECC-CDE6A36A3DDE.jpeg.95625979bbd4a6d1dea7687ef44be56e.jpeg

D3CDDB53-B0F1-4F30-8E9E-03B9A65CC45D.thumb.jpeg.539cc9f6fcbc1f99a249537b8e16c89b.jpeg

9290AB8B-E495-49A3-8F45-CDC8F83928C3.jpeg.c5de0d089e80ca7c5aea5eb444d0ce51.jpeg