• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at TaurusOwners@gmail.com and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Rusty

The Official Dang Near Anything Thread

7745 posts in this topic

I will give the Fusion Hybrid some credit.

I've been beating the SHIT out of it and try as I might I'm still averaging 36mpg. I have no idea how

It's quite comfortable, and is chill at 100.

My only complaint are the low rolling resistance tires means that it under steers pretty bad. Combine that with high torque from 0 rpm with the electric motor and you can roast those bad boys easy!

Hahahaha light em up.

electric power is pretty neat. Even in high end golf carts you accelerate ahead quickly.  

1 person likes this

Drove down to Staunton, Virginia today. Third bull certainly does love a wide open road and a 70 mph limit.😀

2 people like this

Kevin, you may enjoy this article: http://www.caranddriver.com/buick/regal-tourx

2018-buick-regal-tourx-008.jpg?itok=riaZ

2018 Buick Regal TourX

Rather surprised to see GM trying out a station wagon in the states like this. According to the article, it's aiming to compete against the Audi and Volvo wagons. I wonder if it sold good enough if Ford might drop a Fusion wagon on us. Something tells me this might only fill just a niche market and probably won't become a volume seller.

Admittedly, it isn't terrible looking in it's design. Being derived directly from an Opel probably helps some.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Kodachrome Wolf said:

2018 Buick Regal TourX

Thats.. disappointing compared to the Euro one:

Opel.jpg

1 person likes this

I appreciate the effort, but it looks small... I wouldn't mind seeing one in person, so when it does get built, I'll probably drive out to go look at one. Thought GM learned station wagons were a bad idea. Mid-$30k-40k - I can't see folks just flocking to Buick Dealers to buy em up. Needs to be in the $20k range, so it should have just been a Chevrolet. :(

The upper middle class and high society members do buy wagons. Walking around downtown Columbia, Charleston and Greenville SC in the super nice neighborhoods you see the German and sweedish wagons out and many of them are new or like new.  There is a market there, granted smaller than crossover and SUV, but maybe enough of a money maker to warrant this.

thr CTS wagon doesn't look bad - not sure what sales were like but maybe it'll work with Buick. Enclaves are popular.

2 people like this

CTS wagon was discontinued with the latest body style change due to poor sales. But most luxury makes that offer them, especially BMW and Volvo, have a solid stream of buyers for luxury estates/wagons that aren't CUVs. 

10 hours ago, SHOenough said:

Thats.. disappointing compared to the Euro one:

Opel.jpg

Because the Buick "TourX" variant for NA was given some extra body cladding and other styling elements that are meant to say "crossover" to consumers. GM was moderately brave to bring a midsize near-luxury wagon into our market, but not brave enough to outright advertise that it's a STATION WAGON. 

TaurusKev- It's not huge like the wagons you prefer. The Regal is basically Ford Fusion sized, and the Opel that they've been based on for a few years is in the same segment in Europe as the Mondeo so expect it not to grow any bigger for 2018. 

On 5/13/2017 at 5:30 PM, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

Drove down to Staunton, Virginia today. Third bull certainly does love a wide open road and a 70 mph limit.😀

Careful with those speed traps, use Waze.

On a 70mph limit, at 79mph you get a free pass, for 81 you can get a reckless.

I 'm cautious in Va. Troopers are lurking every and there's no talking your way out of a ticket, even for an old lady like me😀

VA stinks, Speeding ticket for 74 Mph in a 70. I won't risk it.

9 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

VA stinks, Speeding ticket for 74 Mph in a 70. I won't risk it.

Most of my route in VA is 65 MPH zones when traveling north. There's a short segment on I-81 posted at 70 MPH. I'll do max 2 MPH over in that state since that doesn't seem to draw attention, or at least it hasn't yet.

Troopers are rather hard to spot out on top of that since there's certain portions where there's a large mound that divides the two sides of the interstate and they'll park in cutouts that were made for official use turn arounds. If you see one in there, they've already seen you. Luckily I haven't had any issues, and hopefully it'll stay that way. 

See I figured they saw them Yankee Sumbitchin' Lincoln lovin plates, and thought, "Here's a rich Northerner who can afford the ticket!" Or that's how it went in my head lol. I just set my cruise control now. Now I have flown past NC Troopers... No issues. Of course, as I get older, I'm good about going speed limits now. Guess the older I get, the more I realize I don't want to give what little money I have to the government. Now I assume cops are everywhere lol. Oh and having a Buick, I feel like it's appropriate to go slow :lol:

I have an urge to get a canoe now... :lol:

2017 Lincoln Continental Nabs IIHS Award, Tesla Model S Falls Short - Motor Trendhttp://www.motortrend.com/news/lincoln-continental-gets-iihs-award-tesla-model-s-falls-short/

The article also states the Ford Taurus fell short of a top safety pick due to a "poor" rating for headlights. 

20 years on, and Ford Taurus still has sucky headlights. 

The lights on my 1990 Town Car were better lights than my 2000 tortoise. The 2003 town car lights beats all of them.

10 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

The lights on my 1990 Town Car were better lights than my 2000 tortoise. The 2003 town car lights beats all of them.

Separate low and high beam lamps always seem to work better, or at least in my experience. How different was the pattern of those HID Town Car assemblies over the regular halogen ones? I know the HID ones weren't projector style.

I will say the original design of my '97's lights weren't that great. They worked, but weren't the best thing. There was a time where the lighting output on the '87 was better. Obviously now using a modern retrofit helps a ton. I figure E-code lights on the low beams for the '87 will rectify the weak beam issues. Newer headlights from surrounding cars really wash its lights out.

2 people like this

WHAT NOT TO DO WITH YOUR TAURUS WAGON: 

http://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2017/07/oregon_woman_arrested_for_towi.html#incart_river_home

Just when you think you've seen the dumbest thing in the world, someone comes along and out does it....

WAGON.JPG

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

WHAT NOT TO DO WITH YOUR TAURUS WAGON: 

http://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2017/07/oregon_woman_arrested_for_towi.html#incart_river_home

Just when you think you've seen the dumbest thing in the world, someone comes along and out does it....

WAGON.JPG

Well shit, now what else am I supposed to do with the towing hitch I've got on my Sable wagon?! :( 

:P