• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Rusty

The Official Dang Near Anything Thread

7715 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Rohand901 said:

The desire to do some serious roadkill shit with this in @TaurusKevs backyard with @Brian_05_SEL is overwhelming.

Capture.JPG

... yeah, I'm down. 

So the Pathfinder I got as a replacement rental is a 2016 AWD. Stripper model, not even Bluetooth... but anyway.

It's got this "fancy" AWD that can be selected into different modes: 2WD (why?), Auto AWD (thats the whole point of AWD) and an option that said "Locking". So I tried out locking and found that the little screen with the axle power percentage said it was 50/50.

So, I work in the country. I figured, I'll see if its lying.

Drove out to some soft sand I knew about, "locked" the AWD, and floored it.

Welp, it takes a full second for the AWD to engage before it sends any power to the back apparently. And during that time the front dug a nice sized hole and kept digging after the back engaged.

Long story short, the floor mat trick to get you unstuck can work. And the "locking" AWD is bullshit.

And I'm still mad its not a 4-Runner.

1 person likes this

Talking to a Nissan salesman recently and he said the new Pathfinder is very polarizing product. The people who owned the truck based model won't get near the current crossover. Buyers looking at crossovers tend to love it. 

1 minute ago, Spridget said:

Talking to a Nissan salesman recently and he said the new Pathfinder is very polarizing product. The people who owned the truck based model won't get near the current crossover. Buyers looking at crossovers tend to love it. 

It's a great crossover. it's comfy, drives well, its quiet.

I miss the old one - but it was the logical evolution of it. People care more about easy driving crossovers then they do if it can take a frame hit while crawling over rocks. I just wanted something RWD and awkward honestly

Let's play a game! No cheating... Which is worse on fuel? 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor AWD 3.8L V6, or 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon with LT1/5.7L V8?

5 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

Let's play a game! No cheating... Which is worse on fuel? 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor AWD 3.8L V6, or 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon with LT1/5.7L V8?

I'd imagine they are about the same in "city" driving, but the Mitsubishi is worse on the highway. Of course knowing the way you drive, the Buick is getting much better fuel mileage since you're currently babying that car... 

I wouldn't know, I'm too busy getting my beetle's fuel economy beaten by the Tiguan.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well, on Highway I always use Cruise Control. I thought I was doing so damn well on the Mits. Went down to Indianapolis to visit some friends and decided to take the Mitsubishi as it doesn't have a flaky ignition system, and it is clean. I drove to Indianapolis, had about a half tank, was proud actually, cause I was around 220 miles already. Drove back, had a 1/4 tank when I was less than 100 miles from home. Filled up, did the math... 20 Mpg. The Roadmaster was getting 25 on highway... I was in shock lol.

And EPA says 15 for City for both vehicles actually, and I normally get 14 in the Endeavor, and that's also ragging on it going to/from work and always using the "manual" mode to do a proper downshift and go into the gear I want to pass slow people. 

Just found it interesting how horrible it did lol. Think next road trip, hopefully my Roadmaster is fully ready and I can take that instead.

16 minutes ago, TaurusKev said:

Well, on Highway I always use Cruise Control. I thought I was doing so damn well on the Mits. Went down to Indianapolis to visit some friends and decided to take the Mitsubishi as it doesn't have a flaky ignition system, and it is clean. I drove to Indianapolis, had about a half tank, was proud actually, cause I was around 220 miles already. Drove back, had a 1/4 tank when I was less than 100 miles from home. Filled up, did the math... 20 Mpg. The Roadmaster was getting 25 on highway... I was in shock lol.

And EPA says 15 for City for both vehicles actually, and I normally get 14 in the Endeavor, and that's also ragging on it going to/from work and always using the "manual" mode to do a proper downshift and go into the gear I want to pass slow people. 

Just found it interesting how horrible it did lol. Think next road trip, hopefully my Roadmaster is fully ready and I can take that instead.

I just looked at your updated signature... I think it's possible you have too many cars, Kevin. 

1 person likes this

No such thing :)

2 people like this

Speaking of MPG, the '87 managed 21 MPG without A/C at 68 MPH a day ago. I really need to log more interstate driving at varying speeds to see what it can do beyond that.

2 people like this

13 hours ago, Kodachrome Wolf said:

Speaking of MPG, the '87 managed 21 MPG without A/C at 68 MPH a day ago. I really need to log more interstate driving at varying speeds to see what it can do beyond that.

Especially with that shifting adjustment Gary did. 

On 4/4/2017 at 0:15 AM, Brian_05_SEL said:

Especially with that shifting adjustment Gary did. 

The adjustment made the AOD considerably more responsive on the highway. It happily kicked back down into third with maybe half throttle doing near 70 MPH and easily picked up speed. Usually I'd have to floor the accelerator so it would kick down. Merging is easier, too, since 3rd gear holds until about 55 to 60 MPH, versus 45 with a regular throttle input. It's not sports car shifting, but does feel nice and snappy for a slow car.

If I need overdrive and I'm only doing 50 or so, I just have to let of the throttle, wait for the engagement, then resume cruising.

1 person likes this

I love how this requires no shift kit or anything like that. You may wear the U joints out sooner, but U joints are easy to change out and it's much more satisfying to drive.

2 people like this

Some pictures I have taken from the past few weeks.

Me pulling into the driveway and realizing how big the F150 is compared to the SHO or any normal car, or maybe its just that a normal 2.5 car garage is not designed to handle a full sized pickup. Antenna hits the bottom of the garage door when pulling in or backing out.

IMG_0357_zpspnsgssqo.jpg

We took a vacation to Colorado last week, had a Expedition for our rental, very impressed with the fuel economy of the EB in this SUV, cruising at 80mph it was pulling 20mpg with ease and at 8000 feet to boot. Overall a very impressive vehicle, gobs of power, smooth as hell driving down the road, and the SWB variant we had is super easy to manage in tight spaces.  You didn't have to baby this thing near as much to get the good fuel numbers like you have to with the F150.

This vehicle is on the top of my list if and when I am ever in the market for a family hauler. I'm just shy of 6' tall, and look at the third row leg room, my thighs are flat on the seat cushion.

IMG_0358_zpsr28mdjcm.jpg

IMG_0387_zpsmtizvaqb.jpg

85 Octane gas at 10,000 feet. I opted for the more expensive 87 for the Ecoboost.

IMG_0397_zpsntazveut.jpg