• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Rusty

Spotted!

137 posts in this topic

Those F-150's look so nice, but it's a shame that they are so incredibly unsafe (IIHS frontal offset). I haven't seen one in years around here without rust. I'd have to get one from the next generation when they became much safer.

Those F-150's look so nice, but it's a shame that they are so incredibly unsafe (IIHS frontal offset). I haven't seen one in years around here without rust. I'd have to get one from the next generation when they became much safer.

I agree, I love the looks, but they are rather unsafe. Swap in the lightening headlights and fogs and they look even better.

The next generation were so improved that I couldn't buy anything older than a 2004.

That generation had a lot of issues with power trains though, 5.4 with VCT is absolute junk. I would never buy one. Just search 5.4L cam phaser problems. Of course the spark plug problem got worse with the 24 valve 5.4L. In fact we have a 2005 F150 at work with a blown motor, needs new heads.

Yeah, I've heard about some of the problems. I don't really have a need for a pickup, but if I got one from the 2004-2008, I'd get the 4.6l. I wouldn't need any more power than that, but then again, I don't really need a pickup at all.

Just outside of Phoenix on I-10 I passed a new VW Passat wagon. It had a blue Arizona license plate and only the VW badge, no model or trim badges. The 2015 Passat Wagon is not sold in the US. Maybe from Mexico, although I'm not sure if it's sold there either, but doesn't explain the AZ plate. Maybe a test vehicle. Looked great, wish I could have snapped a pic.

Just outside of Phoenix on I-10 I passed a new VW Passat wagon. It had a blue Arizona license plate and only the VW badge, no model or trim badges. The 2015 Passat Wagon is not sold in the US. Maybe from Mexico, although I'm not sure if it's sold there either, but doesn't explain the AZ plate. Maybe a test vehicle. Looked great, wish I could have snapped a pic.

The AZ blue plates are the "new" dealer plates they came out with this year.

Spotted this on my way out of the Ford dealer this last Monday:

2015_Mustang_zps2cdbfcc6.jpg

And just for Brian, dat license plate frame:

Jidd_zps22ab1130.jpg

1 person likes this

Well f**k me, I sold that Camry!!!

$1 million hyper-car McLaren P1. Production run of only 375. 27 year old driver lost control on a "wet spot in the road." Notice sunshine a dry roadway. And now only 374.

635526362481692620-McLaren-P1-Crash.png

17569649240_086ed838dd_b.jpg
6 people like this

19088636143_3529e3b4ba_b.jpg

Why?

19088636143_3529e3b4ba_b.jpg

Why?

:Picard2:

1 person likes this

19557336469_3f005b2a52_b.jpg

Saw this parked in front of Chicken Express (regional fried chicken joint) this morning on way home from work. Turned the motorcycle around and snapped a pic. Quite rare Fairmont Durango.

1 person likes this

It's too bad they didn't make more of those. More alluring than the G-body El Camino/Caballero for some reason...

Driving home in the XC90 and saw this pair.

19814173821_11123dbc43_b.jpg

19622750899_41832a6be2_b.jpg

PeptoBismol pink stretch Callenger. :puke:

1 person likes this

I can't find "Bulls in the Wild" topic, so will post this here. 

Saw this green wagon at my favorite old peoples diner. It could use a lot of TLC ...

post-21-0-12279100-1437440977_thumb.jpg

I spotted this yesterday 2682F41D-58AF-4BD8-9F67-D9BC1087BA87_zps

1 person likes this

Pretty rare, a Mercury in Canada eh?

Nope. Mercury Marauders were sold in Canada as well as full size Mercury models until around 2010 or 2011. These cars all have a 2F VIN, manufactured in Canada. What upset me about the photo was the fact that Marauder was parked across two handicapped parking stalls.

Now if it was legitimate, it becomes only a mild annoyance. I have lost count how many times I have seen an expensive car parked across two stalls, to prevent anyone else from even coming close. I drive a very unique, custom Focus (SVT-WGN) and it has nicks, door chips and insect chips. It is just a car. But if that Marauder did not display a handicapped sticker on his license plates, then he is not just a lousy parker, he is an ???-oriface.

Edited by SHO-WGN

Nope. Mercury Marauders were sold in Canada as well as full size Mercury models until around 2010 or 2011. These cars all have a 2F VIN, manufactured in Canada. What upset me about the photo was the fact that Marauder was parked across two handicapped parking stalls.

Now if it was legitimate, it becomes only a mild annoyance. I have lost count how many times I have seen an expensive car parked across two stalls, to prevent anyone else from even coming close. I drive a very unique, custom Focus (SVT-WGN) and it has nicks, door chips and insect chips. It is just a car. But if that Marauder did not display a handicapped sticker on his license plates, then he is not just a lousy parker, he is an ???-oriface.

I don't know about his license plate(s) but there is a handicapped tag hanging from the rear view mirror.

Nice Marauder btw. I don't see nearly enough of them being driven. They seem to be more rare than a gen 2 Sable.

I did not see that tag, so he moves up the social scale as just a lousy porker (pun intended.) Usually us old guys are more tolerant, but people that park (pork) over two stalls rub me the wrong way. And you know how I feel about able-bodied people parking in handicapped stalls. I know seniors (hey, I is one) who can barely walk, and yet do not park in those stalls. But thank you for pointing that out (and no wise cracks about old people and their eyesight.)

Oh yeah, my other mistake, Mercury Panthers have a 2M VIN, Ford CVPI are the 1F VIN.

I don't know about his license plate(s) but there is a handicapped tag hanging from the rear view mirror.

Nice Marauder btw. I don't see nearly enough of them being driven. They seem to be more rare than a gen 2 Sable.

Funny because there are a large number of Marauders around here. Most in the available colors other than black.

He wasn't across 2 stalls, just very close to the line. They're pretty big stalls.

I don't see too many Mercurys in my small town but in Calgary where that was taken there's quite a few.

The Austin Police Dept had a midnight blue Marauder they used for DWI and street racing stings. "POLICE" was ghosted onto the paint on the doors. Nearly invisible by day and only visible by reflection at night.