• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Rusty

Spotted!

138 posts in this topic

Classic!

I saw one around Christmas in Green Bay, it was in pretty good shape, a rare vehicle to spot in the north.

AMC Eagles used to turn up somewhat regularly when I was car shopping. Not anymore, and I suspect the ones that are left are priced as collector items when they do come up for sale.

There's one around the corner from me. Stereotypical trailer park gem though.

Same goes for a late-70s Dodge Aspen that rolls through my area from South Carolina every so often. It looks like absolute hell. I might have an image capture from my GoPro of it.

Speaking of, I recently saw a Chrysler Aspen Hybrid (late 2000's luxury SUV) on my drive to work. Apparently the total production numbers for that model were somewhere in the dozens...

They actually made a hybrid version of the dressed up Durango, lol.

Briefly.

Got a 2'fer the other day. In the foreground is a Citroen 2CV. In the background is a Fiat 128 (yellow). When I first saw the Fiat, I thought it was a Trabant. While I was checking it out, the 2CV rolled up. Spotted in Austin.

2012-01-17_17-33-18_345.jpg

After two years plus, I imagine you found out where...but this was the car Inspector Clouseau drove in the Pink Panther series of movies. It had bat fins and other ridiculous additions to it.

Edited by Lgbpop

Mid 1960's AMC Rambler Classic:

llll_zps0b5eab86.jpg

Zero rust that I could see, looks to either have been restored or is just in mint condition. Plate was issued in the last few months.

Also:

jj_zpsbeb0c71d.jpg

A Lebaron Convertible. I didn't think any of them were still on the road... :rofl:

Again, sorry for the necromancy but I love  Nash, Hudson and AMC/RAmbler vehicles up until about 1977. This is a 1965 Classic, probably the 550 or 660 with the mid-level trim. No rust, because Rambler dipped the unitbody '65s completely in a zinc bath to rustproof them. Even the exhaust systems were stainless steel piping and "CeramicGard" glass-lined mufflers. My 1965 Ambassador convertible had its original exhaust system until 1991 when I put in a glasspack muffler just for the heck of it. The body never had a speck of rust until the day I regretfully sold it in 1994.

Edited by Lgbpop

When I lived in Holland, my neighbor had a red/white British version of the 2CV.  Such a crazy, unique car.  I remember going for rides in it.  Shifting gears was WEIRD.

A Des Plaines, IL Ford Police Interceptor Utility in their new all-black livery. :ph34r:

A Canadian-market only Chevrolet Optra LS, that was able to get registered locally somehow. It's Daewoo based, and likely a 2005-2008 model.

And a Scion FR-S with... third row seating? :rolleyes:

A Canadian-market only Chevrolet Optra LS

Blech.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I didn't know you could get a sport coupe with a bench seat. I wonder how much that option cost?

My guess is the driver is compensating for something that is lacking in their physiology.

1 person likes this

14595947753_324dc96c65_b.jpgIMG_0565 by Spridget, on Flickr

AMG SLS GT Final Edition

It was on the move too!

1 person likes this

Dat Gullwing. :wub:

I didn't think this belonged with the rice. Over the top, but cleanly built. It's like a Bentley SUV, but really a Dodge Magnum. I always enjoy the sights around Killeen, TX.

14799234465_e5155337ea_b.jpg

I didn't think this belonged with the rice. Over the top, but cleanly built. It's like a Bentley SUV, but really a Dodge Magnum. I always enjoy the sights around Killeen, TX.

Out on this coast, we'd definitely call that a Donk.

Saw this when I went to drop off oil at Fabco.  GT/CS Coupe.

Not pictured but it was wearing the dark green and yellow Wisconsin Hobbyist plates, meaning that this car may have had some serious modifications done to it.

photo1_zpsf8d251f5.jpg

Mmm... those look so good in blue.

Couldn't get a picture because he left for lunch and parked elsewhere upon returning, but on Friday I had a '72 (I believe) Buick Centurion convertible parked next to me at work.

I think it is a tad more pleasing than the actual Bently SUV, the EXP. 9? I cant remember, but it was awful.

I think it is a tad more pleasing than the actual Bently SUV, the EXP. 9? I cant remember, but it was awful.

Agreed. The Bentley "face" did not carry over well to the SUV. I was fairly impressed by the Magnum donk. Rims I've never seen before, and a complete style from front to rear. It went from being a large wagon to a chopped SUV. I see something new every time I'm in Killeen.

Yeah. I have seen a few built "donks", my favorites are usually RWD LeSabres, Delta 88s, etc. Especially the coupes. Some look real nice, you can tell theyve put a lot of work into it. Around here, Panthers are gaining popularity.

Couple of near twins I spotted when walking into the store.

Go to Bulls In The Wild for what I spotted on the way out!

post-2556-0-80501500-1408330359_thumb.jp

My friend saw this gem at Cabela's and forwarded me the pictures knowing I would like to see them. I'm really liking the SVT wheels. Its either a 98 or 99 given the all red tail lights, thats really the only indicator my friend could spot, and I spotted the non power antenna. 

Guy must really want stopping power with drilled and slotted front and rear rotors.

IMG_0515_zpsaebb11c4.jpg

IMG_0516_zps17a13f92.jpg

IMG_0517_zps5a37be2e.jpg

On my way home tonight this 7 lug beast caught my eye. 1999 F250 LD (last year as a separate model before becoming the F150 7700).  Price was decent for the miles but the rust was...bad enough that I could see having to redo all the brake lines and struggling with other rust related problems.  Otherwise a very nice truck that I wouldn't mind having.  Bigger beefier suspension and axles and the very odd 7 lug configuration, also my favorite two tone color setup, black with metallic gray.

IMG_0513_zps16858aa4.jpg

Sterling 10.25 underneath fills out the back end much better than the 9.75 on the regular F150.

IMG_0514_zpscf6e1e89.jpg