• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Rusty

Spotted!

138 posts in this topic

The Citroën 2CV actually had anywhere from 9 horsepower to close to 30 hp (depending on the year). But yes, the main reason was licensing. The higher the "fiscal horsepower rating" the higher the annual insurance rate. My 1967 Mustang, if registered in France, would have cost nearly $1000 back in 1970. Small wonder there are very few North American V8 muscle cars over there. On the other hand, that tax policy meant most European cars use less gasoline (as if the price of fuel has nothing to do with the decision.)

When I was there in 1970-71, most of the kids in high school (that had cars) usually had a Citroën 2CV, Citroën Dyane or the Renault equivalent, the R4

I spotted this parked beside me at work a couple weeks ago.

0F55F61C-orig.jpg

Sweet sexy Impala!

Saw this parked downtown Austin during SXSW. Don't see too many running around anymore. 3.5L Rover V8

8566844000_7db57a9433_c.jpg

885302_176869282463896_1081970970_o.jpg

More classic English sports cars... took the dogs for a walk and stumbled upon a car club meet here in my little town. Amazing restorations.

8624105629_5b9cd08dcd_b.jpg

Untitled by Spridget, on Flickr

8624066501_9f09e4bab1_b.jpg

8624063245_4668a34698_b.jpg

Full set, click here

2 people like this

What is it with the British and their forward-tilting bonnets?

1 person likes this

feel_like_a_sir_by_lazygenius94-d5eqzl3.jpg

They're classy. ;)

2 people like this

Have you seen the Top Gear episode where they're in Bolivia? And what Clarkson did when his Rover overheated?

Edited by The White Falcon

IMAG0466.jpg

friend's focus im calling it blackout2.0 :)

1 person likes this

Nice Focus

Any performance mods?

post-2009-13744730255431_thumb.jpg

Stang at a local shop

post-2009-13744730405214_thumb.jpg

DB5 my friend saw in London

post-2009-13744730620228_thumb.jpg

My bull and a r8

post-2009-13744730802093_thumb.jpg

This Ford at a local dealer

post-2009-13744731052427_thumb.jpg

CLS 63 AMG

post-2009-13744732410788_thumb.jpg

Skyline import at a local meet

dat skyline...

:D WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! real bad!!!!

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

1 person likes this

How many dinette sets do you suppose had to die to make this car? The seats are trimmed with the same material.

1016944_10201647834859910_380467507_n.jpg

That's the "Mod Top" option you could get from Plymouth in 1969-70. The Satellite was available with it as well but in a different pattern.

I had never seen one of these before this weekend, at least not that I recall. Not very many made, and I doubt a lot of them survived the '70s.

11212768515_68101352e2_b.jpg

11212784796_3b56107caa_b.jpg

Saw this in Austin today. Later model ('67?) Morris Traveler. You can tell it's later because it has 4 rear tail lights and the larger front marker / indicators. Right hand drive. Lots of rust and rotted wood. Keys were in it. Looks abandoned. There is a tow away sticker peeled off of the passenger side (left) window. No tags other than a current Travis County Parks validation.

Mid 1960's AMC Rambler Classic:

llll_zps0b5eab86.jpg

Zero rust that I could see, looks to either have been restored or is just in mint condition. Plate was issued in the last few months.

Also:

jj_zpsbeb0c71d.jpg

A Lebaron Convertible. I didn't think any of them were still on the road... :rofl:

Saw this in Cambridge the other day. Haven't encountered one of these in a long time. (Didn't have a chance to get any better photo than this, sorry)

post-45-0-21196700-1389408796_thumb.jpg

Did it have Corinthian Leather?

I believe it was velour.

The car was an early '80s model anyway.

Ricardo Montalban approves. :P

I had a Lebanon convertible. It was awesome riding with the top down.....till the head gasket blew.

I couldn't get a pic but I saw a Neon SRT4 ACR in white the other day. Fairly rare. Looked to be in very good condition with an adult driver, not some tool behind the wheel. We travelled the same road for about 30 minutes during my daily commute.

I had a Lebanon convertible. It was awesome riding with the top down.....till the head gasket blew.

I rented one, not intentional, in the depth of winter in Dayton OH. Snow came inside all around.

-chart-

Are there two Lebarons, Freddy? 

There's a great scene that follows where he honks and yells at this old couple crossing in front of the car and yells "GET THE F#(* OUTTA THE WAY!" in front of everyone and then peels out after professing to make his daddy "proud".

Rip Torn is great, as is Anthony Micheal Hall and Julie Hagerty.

Edited by JohnTaurus

13231057083_aa9428936b_b.jpg

When was the last time you saw an AMC Eagle? I thought these things were awesome when I was a kid. I've never actually driven or seen the interior or know much about them, but they were cool. This one must belong to an employee at the local Home Depot.