• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Sean T.

Taurusaurus Rex's Log

200 posts in this topic

Figured I might as well start one of these and keep all my updates in one spot instead of clouding the forums with a ton of mini-threads.

Today I put a new vinyl on the back of my car, the android bot :)

post-12-0-55941200-1306276841_thumb.jpgpost-12-0-22875300-1306276851_thumb.jpg

I also installed a footrest out of a Gen 4.

The footrest attaches with two push-clip things, and then there's a stabilizer post/pole-thing between them.

post-12-0-89367700-1306276864_thumb.jpg

I just had to drill one hole in the support behind the carpet (big plastic piece that bolts in) for th stabilizer,

and then punched 3 holes in my existing footrest for the stabilizer and push-clips.

I have a carpet colored button for just above it but it was in the house so I just stuck a black one in there for now.

1 person likes this

Love the little android guy!

And I never noticed that your tail panel was painted. Very nice B)

Love the little android guy!

And I never noticed that your tail panel was painted. Very nice B)

Yep, I got a painted one off a SHO along with the SHO bumpers and had them all repainted to match my car.

Shweet. Gonna be while till you catch up with MY rear glass decals :lol:

Interesting license plate you have there :lol:

What does the gen 3 have for a footrest that you replaced?

Edited by The Other Andy

Interesting license plate you have there :lol:

What does the gen 3 have for a footrest that you replaced?

Thanks :) It just has a plastic pad that is part of the carpet, so the carpet all around it always gets muddy.

This weekend I got a couple more things done :) The relay for my horns rusted out and stopped working, so I had to take the bumper cover off to replace the wiring.

Decided to get a few other things out of the way while I was in there. Took off the saxosnout for the air intake, as well as pulled the silencer itself out of the large (toilet paper sized) section you see here:

post-12-0-40303600-1308617967_thumb.jpg

I did it that way so it still looks stock and it can always be put back together if for some reason I need/want to.

Also, on my SHO spear, when they painted it at the body shop, they didn't mask off the support fins so they stood out pretty bad. I painted them Duplicolor "trim black" along with the horns mounted behind the grille, and the whole behind-grille area. I think it all turned out very well!!!

post-12-0-92497700-1308618270_thumb.jpgpost-12-0-08563500-1308618294_thumb.jpgpost-12-0-60255900-1308618312_thumb.jpg

Lastly, one glamour shot of the engine bay, just for good measure. wink.gif

post-12-0-32677200-1308618375_thumb.jpg

You must have more experience with Gen 3 bumper cover removal than anyone on this website :lol: Looks good man!

2 people like this

You must have more experience with Gen 3 bumper cover removal than anyone on this website :lol: Looks good man!

LOL

The car looks great, man.

Sigh... and unfortunately, here he sits, looking like this until further notice...

Face half on, rattling down the freeway back and forth to work each day.

post-12-0-01873900-1308802587_thumb.jpg

Need to figure out a new solution for the side brackets on the SHO bumper since every time I take the cover off, the bolts are so rusted they snap in half....

Using my old bumper for a while, but the seal on the driver's side headlight doesn't meet up with it right and I'm afraid it'll damage the seals if I put it all the way on.

I love how this bumper turned out, but after getting used to the SHO front end, it seems like its sitting SO HIGH!!!

Monday it rained.

Tuesday it poured.

Today I worked a double shift.

Tomorrow I work a double shift.

Friday I have an appt then work then plans for a night out.

Saturday going up north all day.

Sunday church then boating...

Looks like nothing'll get done till Monday........ SIGH. Haven't even had the time to go buy a game for my new 360 that I haven't even opened yet.

Do I need to go grab some unsalted parts at the yard???? If so get some pics, I'll grab 'em.

I don't think it would matter. I'm thinking I'll just drill out the bolts and zip-tie it on... You'd need to take a drill to the JY anyways cause the parts I need are riveted to the bumper. I replaced them last time I had the bumper off and they already rusted out again...

It's the bracket that attaches to right here. I need both sides, and you have to take the bumper cover all the way off to get to them...

post-12-0-91665200-1308927434_thumb.jpg

Really not worth the time or trouble. The problem is the farthest right hole. The other attachments have a threaded hole for a bolt to go on. For this one though, there's a bolt welded to the bracket that pushes through that hole and then you have to reach in the wheelwell and put a nut on it.

1/4 of the bumper covers are usually torn or already destroyed at the yards, so I will finish them off for access.

I'll see what I can grab tmrw...be good practice anyways.

Today I repainted my passenger wiper arm, and repainted and installed my new SHO driver wiper arm!!!

264016_2125406729246_1068235184_2558055_995481_n.jpg

I also programmed my Mustang keyfob that Devin(?) found me at the junkyard this weekend!!! THANKS!!! :D :D :D

269760_2125426449739_1068235184_2558059_4741956_n.jpg

I also programmed my Mustang keyfob that Devin(?) found me at the junkyard this weekend!!! THANKS!!! :D :D :D

269760_2125426449739_1068235184_2558059_4741956_n.jpg

Quite welcome. ;)

Sean, that SHO wiper arm looks like new now!! :)

You wouldn't happen to have another one of those key fobs with the Mustang on it would you,or know where I can find one.It would be a nice to have one for my Mustang.

Sorry, just the one.... I just collect them as I (or friends) find them at the junkyard... does your mustang use this style with the letters on the buttons?

The one I have now doesn't have the words it has the newer style.Its not a big deal I just thought if you ever happened to find another one I'd be interested in it..

Ok, yeah... as far as I know, the technology between the ones with words vs. pictures on the buttons is different. So I can't use one with pictured buttons, and you can't use one with worded buttons.

Well, I think I should get back on top of things and update this!!!

I bought a rear leather trimmed seat out of a Sable.... but last week realized that the fabric on them is much rougher than the solid-cloth seats... Got the full rear seat for 30 bucks which was a great deal... but now I'm second guessing it cause I can't really stand the fabric hahah... and with the front seats going to cost $90 for the set, I'm thinking it's not going to happen.

On a brighter side, I've started on some TSOC magnets for when I autocross. I took an exacto blade and trimmed the letters out of the white covering on the magnetic sheeting I bought. They're... coming along... slowly..... autocross is next Sunday lol.

308822_2254679920995_1068235184_2731982_3824654_n.jpg

Woah you trimmed those letters by hand??? Dang Sean!

Wellllll kindaaaa...... printed out what the banner's gonna say on paper, taped it to the magnet and then but out the letters. That scored the magnet where the letters were, and peeled the white covering off.

Proud to say both magnets are done, and come Sunday (or perhaps sooner) I'll post some pics of Rex in his full autocross swag.

Last things on the list before sunday are a good washing and a fresh coat of paint on the rally wheels.

Looky looky looky looky looky!!!!

311762_2279950992756_1068235184_2756938_1785402031_n.jpg

2 people like this