Great Dane = Can't Drive A Taurus Anymore....

I bought a Great Dane puppy in August of last year...and now he has out grown my faithful Taurus....So I had to sell it off to my parents and get a new vehicle...I stayed with FORD...and got this 2006 Explorer Limited V8...has 54k miles....has/does anybody else here own one...I'm trying to find out if there are any 'common problems' to look out for as I get to know the vehicle?

post-49-0-50384600-1303536172_thumb.jpg

post-49-0-01290100-1303536268_thumb.jpg

post-49-0-80916200-1303536284_thumb.jpg

Nice ride, its nice to see you sticking with Ford at least. The one thing I would worry about right now is how high the gas prices are going to get with that V8 under the hood. I havent heard anything bad about those yet, so enjoy and keep it looking as sharp as it is now.

Nice ride, its nice to see you sticking with Ford at least. The one thing I would worry about right now is how high the gas prices are going to get with that V8 under the hood. I havent heard anything bad about those yet, so enjoy and keep it looking as sharp as it is now.

Gas prices do stink right now...but I couldn't pass up the V8...I never owned one. :rolleyes:

Looks like a nice ride! cool.gif

As far as I can tell the main complaints involve the transmissions, lurching at stoplights. LOL a Ford with a trans issue just unheard of! laugh.gif

Gas prices do stink right now...but I couldn't pass up the V8...I never owned one. :rolleyes:

What kind of fuel economy does it get? I get 11 with my Durango with a 5.9L V8.

What kind of fuel economy does it get? I get 11 with my Durango with a 5.9L V8.

I'm gonna check when I fill up next...the window sticker said 14/20 but I feel its gonna be less...My Taurus was getting an average of 18-19 mpg when I lived 10 min away from work...then I moved 30 seconds away...and it dropped to like 14 mpg...The only thing I can attribute that to, is that the car was always getting a cold start because it rarely ever made it to full operating temp...so my guess is the computer is wasting gas heating up the cats...I may be wrong..but I kept that car in VERRRRY good condition ;)

We had an Eddie Bauer of the same generation explorer (I think it was an 06....?)

I LOVED it so much! I miss it a LOT!!! GREAT truck! It'll go through just about anything.

• 1 year later...