Remote Start--Dealer Installed

Looking for information on a Dealer Installed Remote Start...according to the window sticker, it says I have one...how do I know? Sorry, just a beginner...

• Like 1

Welcome to TSOC! What buttons are on the remote for the door locks, ect.?

The PowerCode Remote Start System was available as a dealer installed, factory invoiced option on 2010 models.

It included a 4 button transmitter for starting, keyless entry, panic alarm, and remote activated dome light. It came with two transmitter fobs (separate from the factory key fob). There should be an owners manual in the glove box for it.

Looking for information on a Dealer Installed Remote Start...according to the window sticker, it says I have one...how do I know? Sorry, just a beginner...

No, only has lock/unlock, truck open and horn

Welcome to TSOC! What buttons are on the remote for the door locks, ect.?

Hi Rusty, it just has door lock/unlock, truck open and horn

As a last resort, read the owners manual. Lots of good information in there.

Welcome aboard!

How do you like your Taurus so far??

I just love it...when I get a little better at this, I'll post some pictures...it's a beauty !!!

The PowerCode Remote Start System was available as a dealer installed, factory invoiced option on 2010 models.

It included a 4 button transmitter for starting, keyless entry, panic alarm, and remote activated dome light. It came with two transmitter fobs (separate from the factory key fob). There should be an owners manual in the glove box for it.

Hi Bob, according to the window sticker, it says it's installed, but the 4 button transmitter is not included. How would I get one?

Hi Bob, according to the window sticker, it says it's installed, but the 4 button transmitter is not included. How would I get one?

I believe the only way is to visit the dealer and see about ordering a replacement.

If you bought the car new or if you bought it used and they advertised the system, I would let the dealer know that you are not going to pay for the remotes.

I believe the only way is to visit the dealer and see about ordering a replacement.

If you bought the car new or if you bought it used and they advertised the system, I would let the dealer know that you are not going to pay for the remotes.

X2. If it is a dealer installed option, they would know it's there with the used car check in. they owe it to you.

With a used car they have no obligation to give you one free. If the previous owner lost it and got that one instead, it's not the dealers responsibility to give you one free. If it's brand new, then yes, you should get one.

you could go to the dealer and tell them you found it has a remote start. your afraid that if the remote start ever gives you trouble it's going

to disable the pats system. once the pats system is shut down that car is going no where. my brothers car had the same thing and the dealer sent

the alarm company to his house and then they both decided what to do, disable it or try to a remote to work. he chose to find a remote.

just an idea.