Zeptoplix

To Part Ways, Or Not To?

Well,

It's been almost six months since my 90 has moved. After I pulled the system out, I parked the car and took the insurance off her. I am really at a cross roads now as to what to do with her. I dont want to say it breaks my heart, but driving by her every day in the parking lot is kind of a downer. She sits there, wanting attention, with her flat tire idle. I take the time to go out and fire her up once a month and let her warm up. But now I am really torn what to do with her.

The bad: She needs a bunch of work... Tires, suspension, (inner tie rods, drive shafts. alignment, struts), front brakes, a wiper motor, and resealing the windshield. She needs some body work as well... Something I had planned to do.. have a brand new bumper in the car waiting to be installed....

I was keeping her around for my stereo car, I can basically build whatever I want in the car now that I have a daily driver that is not her. I miss getting in, crankin the tunes, and when getting a wtf where is that coming frm look, turning it up just a bit more... lol I miss the flowmaster sound, the 60mm intake sound, and the simplicity of the repairs.

There is so much I had planned for us lol... Go faster stuff, like an 05 vulcan engine swap, porting the upper and lower intakes. A complete p/s delete or electric p/s conversion , with either of those options wasa plan to have a bracket built to hold three 200A +alternators, a Soundigital SD12k amp powering two 21" Wardens in a wall, but alas, perhaps these dreams are unfeasible for this car. Idk... Id hate to send another G1 to the dump, they are so rare in SW ontario anymore...

How bad is the rot on it? Sounds like $600 in parts alone for stuff you want to get done. You have the space/work area to do the work?

Just get rid of it. It's time.

• Like 1

How bad is the rot on it? Sounds like $600 in parts alone for stuff you want to get done. You have the space/work area to do the work?

The rot is not incredibly bad. No holes in the floor, just the usual suspects, above the rear wheel wells. Needs new rocker panels. and some sheet metal behind them in the wheel well. Everything else, is bolt on (hood, front fenders, doors)

I have a place I can do the work, thats not an issue. And actually referring back to your p/s pump thread, I do have the inner tie rods covered, have a brand new set that are attached to that steering rack.

I still have the 03 and I've put so much work and love into it .... Honestly if you love the car, when you get the time fix it. If its still going strong why not. The work that you want or need to do isn't bad. There is nothing like A taurus. I vote keep it.

Just get rid of it. It's time.

Can we get rid of you?

If we said that about you blindly you'd be furious, so some type of reasoning would be key.

True enough but I didn't want to get into an argument. When lil red bomb first made her appearance eight or nine years ago (really has it been that long?? I guess we are all getting old?) She was not much better off than the 90.

Ehhh some times they are deserved, its ignorance like that, that makes me really doubt society as a whole. To me you have some suspension work and the front brakes. DO IT! Its not that much. Especially since you have the space to work on it.

Full steam ahead then man :) Hopefully the weather this summer will provide ideal conditions to get the work done. That's even better that you have some of the parts. How many kilometers on the car?

I still have the 03 and I've put so much work and love into it .... Honestly if you love the car, when you get the time fix it. If its still going strong why not. The work that you want or need to do isn't bad. There is nothing like A taurus. I vote keep it.

Can we get rid of you?

If we said that about you blindly you'd be furious, so some type of reasoning would be key.

Yeah you can get rid of me I don't give two s**ts. Rust is the #1 enemy of vehicular objects in the snow belt areas. He was asking opinions, so I gave mine... Is that so rediculous? Sometimes other peoples opinions aren't what others want to hear but he asked for it. If he doesn't even need the car any more, why keep it?? Get rid of it, move on. The only value an older Taurus carries is emotional. I was thinking from a financial stand point if you're going to spend ~$1100 to fix rust, plus whatever else an older car might need at this stage in its life, why not put that into the current driver or a new car?

You really always have to be an asshole, don't you?

• Like 6

True enough but I didn't want to get into an argument. When lil red bomb first made her appearance eight or nine years ago (really has it been that long?? I guess we are all getting old?) She was not much better off than the 90.

When I started working on the Taurus, it didn't have rust and didn't have many other issues other than cosmetic. Really, a KBB value on my car nets around $550 and I can't really say an older one would have much more than that.

Guess no one likes to hear opinions other than their own anymore.

• Like 1

You're right Ash. I was thinking about selling the Blue 93, but it hit me.... Who am I going to sell it to?? Put an ad here on the forums, or on TCCA, or any of the other Taurus sites that are more SHO oriented?? That way it "stays in the family" so to speak. I mean really, the only other people that would be interest would be Mark or Luke as they're the closest. I say that because if no-one will drive more than a hundred miles for a car meet, then WHY would they do it to buy an old ass Taurus? Then there's price. It was a $400.00 car when I bought it and I have roughly $3500.00 in mods. Honestly..... I doubt that any one here in this "family" would give me that for my old ass RUST FREE, Texas all it's life, Taurus.

• Like 1

I really don't understand how people get so attached to their cars. Why love something that can not love you back?

when it's time is up, let it go. bye bye.

• Like 1

Can we get rid of you?

gentz are you really comparing a human life to a car's life?

Which is a perfect question for a PM!

Which is a perfect question for a PM!

really dave????

Can we get rid of you? this isn't?:blink:

Yeah you can get rid of me I don't give two s**ts. Rust is the #1 enemy of vehicular objects in the snow belt areas. He was asking opinions, so I gave mine... Is that so rediculous? Sometimes other peoples opinions aren't what others want to hear but he asked for it. If he doesn't even need the car any more, why keep it?? Get rid of it, move on. The only value an older Taurus carries is emotional. I was thinking from a financial stand point if you're going to spend ~$1100 to fix rust, plus whatever else an older car might need at this stage in its life, why not put that into the current driver or a new car?

You really always have to be an asshole, don't you?

To you and the way you act yes, my point of the matter is not to have just a blind comment that has nothing backing or anything. Also this is the correct spelling of ridiculous, but you didn't give any backing, to give a random ****** response one line response is what pisses me off and is uncalled for. Especially when you have done the same on your POS rust or not.

You never once said that or made RUST YOUR POINT. But did you even read, he planned to take care of the body work anyway

So do not start with me. You are wrong for acting and coming off like a b***h, TCCA is calling that's for sure.

HOW MUCH THE CAR IS WORTH MEANS NOTHING, Its the fun of it and the hard work and for you to say hey I got this thing back up and running and its mine........

Bryan are you really that daft? I mean if anything was said about her own cars she would s**t, but she can say this about some one elses without giving any reasoning.... Rightttt. I'm calling bullsh*t.

You guys can not like me, but I will say how I feel and this is how i feel.

And Bryan, How can you question peoples attachment to cars? When you put enough blood sweet and skin into a car why wouldn't you be attached to it. Thats my baby I did all this work, the only thing that is taking it away from me is an accident or catastrophic motor failure. Its call PRIDE and love for what you did.

I still say keep the car and make it your Sunday car. Age doesn't matter if you know what it needs and the rest of its still strong DO IT!

really dave????

Can we get rid of you? this isn't?:blink:

Sorry champ, I, just like the admin team so gleefully and tastelessly love to bash, am here to stay. Unlike you my sole purpose isn't just to stir the pot and just create issues where there aren't any.

Do have a good day!

If it's rusty, it is time to go. These cars rust from the inside out. If it's showing on the outside , it's worse on the inside ... the structural parts.

If it's rusty and you aren't driving, get rid of it before it's completely worthless.

:hsugh:

My intent was not to start a war here, and yes Ash could have easily added that it would be her opinion to move on because the rust is not worth fixing. It would have only taken a few more key strokes to do so. I was a little taken aback, but like I said it's not worth arguing about.

Bryan, you've been a member on the TCCA for a good chunk of time. I Think i can count on both hands the number of posts of yours that were actually helpful. Sometimes interesting, rarely entertaining. What baffles me, is that after being a member on these forums for so many years, that you still do not get why people modify and hang on to their rides until they absolutely must be parted with.

I do appreciate you coming to my defence Gentz, but why is their such a terse response by yourself and dave? I havent been around much in about six months or longer. If I missed something, please pm me to explain so I at least understand the context.

• Like 2

Not a problem at all! And I'll pm you as soon as I get on a computer.

A Car is a car. You can put all the money you want into a car, it'll just get trashed by some ungrateful f**k, or by mother nature. Unless you put your car away, and never drive it, then what's the point of having a car to begin with?

• Like 1

To you and the way you act yes, my point of the matter is not to have just a blind comment that has nothing backing or anything. Also this is the correct spelling of ridiculous, but you didn't give any backing, to give a random ****** response one line response is what pisses me off and is uncalled for. Especially when you have done the same on your POS rust or not.

You never once said that or made RUST YOUR POINT. But did you even read, he planned to take care of the body work anyway

So do not start with me. You are wrong for acting and coming off like a b***h, TCCA is calling that's for sure.

HOW MUCH THE CAR IS WORTH MEANS NOTHING, Its the fun of it and the hard work and for you to say hey I got this thing back up and running and its mine........

Bryan are you really that daft? I mean if anything was said about her own cars she would s**t, but she can say this about some one elses without giving any reasoning.... Rightttt. I'm calling bullsh*t.

You guys can not like me, but I will say how I feel and this is how i feel.

And Bryan, How can you question peoples attachment to cars? When you put enough blood sweet and skin into a car why wouldn't you be attached to it. Thats my baby I did all this work, the only thing that is taking it away from me is an accident or catastrophic motor failure. Its call PRIDE and love for what you did.

I still say keep the car and make it your Sunday car. Age doesn't matter if you know what it needs and the rest of its still strong DO IT!

Hm, you really need to find a higher power and repent your sins. You seem so unhappy with yourself that you like to take it out on me :lol: I'm flattered though, that I'm the one that can get you riled up without even doing anything :blush: Gosh, you're special. :wub:

• Like 2

Hm, you really need to find a higher power and repent your sins. You seem so unhappy with yourself that you like to take it out on me :lol: I'm flattered though, that I'm the one that can get you riled up without even doing anything :blush: Gosh, you're special. :wub:

Well when the person is so stuck up about everything she does its pretty easy.

:lol:

Well when the person is so stuck up about everything she does its pretty easy.

:lol:

:rolleyes:

• Like 1