Jesse

Fourth Generation Sable

Looking for a couple parts, pretty small parts...

First one is the A/C Cap. The guy that worked on my A/C Compressor clutch said I was missing a distributor cap (I wasn't before I went to him.... but whatever), then my Grandpa said I was missing the Air Conditioner cap, so I'm going with my Grandpa's word because the air conditioner has started to smell musty lately.

The other part I'm looking for is the reflector for the back seat door. It's on the bottom right, and I'm missing it I always have been just haven't really took it as a major problem. It's the left back seat door if it means anything. Keep an eye out for me... and let me know if you see anything. Thanks tsoc.png

Edited by Jesse

Your car doesn't come with a distributor cap in the first place.

I've never heard of an air conditioner cap. If your A/C smells musty, spray some Lysol into the intake vent at the base of the windshield and have the A/C running with the fan on high.

I honestly have no idea, but there are two, let's say hoses, that stick out from the engine, and one was used for the radiator, and the other one I don't know but the cap on it is missing. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow when the sun comes back out. lol

well the ac cap is likely for one of the ports. there is a high pressure port and a low pressure port and they both use different caps. missing one of these caps will not make any smells happen or make them go away by replacing it.

Well missing something is never good that's why I wanted to find a replacement part... lol

You can have a slow leak in your a/c system with missing caps though. A cap acts as a seal.

I don't want that... that's why I always try to fix things before something bad happens.

You can have a slow leak in your a/c system with missing caps though. A cap acts as a seal.

true but if they checked their work properly there should be no leaks at all... i might be able to find you one if you can let me know which port it is.

It's the one that's closest to you. There's two right? One on top and one on bottom?

That cap is the equivalent of the cap for your tires' valve stems.

iirc there is one by the pass side strut tower and then another by the coolant tank. i might not have one for the one near the coolant tank...

I'm pretty sure it's the one near the coolant tank but no worries just keep an eye out. Also if you see a door reflector thingamajig let me know.

Jesse, have you gotten any of these parts yet?