so i am wondering how similar are the carpets from gen 1 to gen 4 (and each generation in between) are they interchangeable? i am guessing gen 1 and 2 swap and gen 3 and 4 swap but how about between the first 2 and the second 2?

The footwells look different, from what I can tell. You'd probably have to stretch or reshape the carpet to make it lay flat.

hmmm... i wonder... i have a possible opportunity to get the carpet out of a gen 2 sho in black (the color i have been looking for for a while) for probably pretty cheap...

or not so cheap as i am finding out... crap back to the hunt for gen 4 carpet...

Chris, you know that you can order a brand new carpet in any color you want? And they're not really that expensive.

i know, i found some for like 130 but that is way out of my price range... i really dont want to spend a ton of money switching over my interior parts if i can avoid it.

Well then they make a carpet paint I believe... Spray yours black.

I think I spent $200 for new carpet in a custom color with extra sound deadener applied. I could have got it cheaper without the extra stuff. It was oversized but already molded. I had to cut the holes though.

well honestly i was hoping to go used not only for cost but i was thinking i may put the black carpet over the top of the tan carpet... at least see if it will work.

I had a gen 3 carpet in my '92 SHO. The fit was perfect but I had to cut holes for the trunk/fuel door release and shifter. The problem with gen 2 carpet in a gen 4 is the holes pre cut into it.

ainterior.jpg

ainteriorbak.jpg

well he wanted 175 for the seats and carpet so i passed and it wasnt worth the trip for just the carpet. so i will be using gen 4 carpet if/when i find some...