Sign in to follow this  
SHO-WGN

Wanted: Front Spoiler For 2000 Taurus

Wanted: front spoiler for 2000 Ford Taurus SEL.

This project is located in the frozen north (Saskatchewan, Canada).

Not finished our first project; and now starting another. The SVT Focus Wagon is now in pieces. The question is will we drive this car out in the spring or will we have to sweep it out? We will keep people posted.

However the second project car will be my "winter beater". As soon as there is room in the garage, we will start on this one. The intended modifications are minimal, but still desired. The key is low-cost (frugal for the intellectuals, cheap for the rest of us.)

The car is black 2000 Taurus SEL with less than 60,000 miles (under 100,000 kilometres); 24v DOHC Duratec engine. We purchased it for $251 (it was a write-off). The damage is confined to the front sheet metal, headlights and airbags. Fortunately I have another 2000 Taurus with side damage (I used a few parts from it to repair the red wagon) so the needed parts are all there.

What I would like is to install a front spoiler. (See photo below.)

2cngx20.jpg

Some of your here have used a Mustang GT spoiler. What fits? I would prefer part numbers or at least very specific years to search. Any and all help is appreciated.

Here are the plans.

• Replace the front sheet metal (fenders, headlights, hood, sensors and interior airbags).
  • Remove all badges, etc.
  • Paint to match the rest of the car (may spring for a complete paint job.)
  • Add front spoiler (paint to match.)
  • Paint wheels black with polished rim.

After required three inspections (pre-repair, body integrity and mechanical), my investment should still be minimal.

Edited by SHO-WGN

The front spoiler is from a '03-04 Mustang Mach 1. The outer edges are trimmed to fit (about 3-4" on either side).

The front spoiler is from a '03-04 Mustang Mach 1. The outer edges are trimmed to fit (about 3-4" on either side).

Thank you Spridget. I knew someone here would point me in the right direction. And yes, that is the part I was looking for (and found) available on-line. Once again, thank you. By the way, if one of the moderators for this forum wants to move the posts in this thread to another (proper) location, I will not be offended.

Edited by SHO-WGN