1995 Sho Sometimes Won't Start

My friend has a 1995 SHO ATX with about 150K on the clock, has a problem that I cannot figure out, the car is up to date on maitenance. However I haven't been there when the problem occured

Sometimes it will start, and other times it will just sit there and crank but never fire. From what she tells me, it tries to start but it just will not fire over. The car is getting fuel and spark, so I'm lost. If she lets the car sit after it not starting, usually a couple hours, it will then fire up like there was nothing wrong.

Thanks in advance

You know, I had something similar at one time (before I even thought about going online to ask.) and I got it to start by holding the gas pedal down before starting it, and holding it for a second or 2 while cranking and then let go, and it started. I had to do this a couple times, and then it settled itself out and just started each time.

Give it a try maybe? I know its not the best advice, nor technical, but it helped me out at one time.

This is common on '89 - '95 SHO's. Mine did it. According to shoclub, the heat in the intake behind the closed throttle plate causes this. Some times mine would be stone cold and start right up, run it for 30 seconds and shut it off and it would not want to start back. The trick that Devin stated is the cure for this and it does work.

You can pull codes to confirm but I bet it is the cam sensor. The cam sensor is used to start the car, if it doesn't match up on the first try it will not start and basically it guesses till it works. Replace it and you should be fine.

The trick that Devin stated is the cure for this and it does work.

Well damn, and I thought posting that was going to be completely useless. :blink: Whatever.

Your welcome. :lol: