• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated. As always, we appreciate ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $1,000.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. You are always free to make a standard donation towards the forums, but if you aren't already a paid member, your donation can include extra benefits!   Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mlk1950

Cleaning The Aic Valve

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, what is the best and safest way to clean the Air Intake Control Valve?

If you mean the IAC sensor. Idle Air Control.

I've used electronics cleaner. Take it off and spray inside the two holes until the cleaner comes out clear. Place on towel and let it dry.

I use brake cleaner. Cleaning sometimes works, sometimes doesnt. A few times, I have had to replace them when they are really bad.

If you mean the IAC sensor. Idle Air Control.

I've used electronics cleaner. Take it off and spray inside the two holes until the cleaner comes out clear. Place on towel and let it dry.

My bad.:wacko: IAC not AIC. Thank's for the replies.

Mike

Edited by mlk1950

I use brake cleaner. Cleaning sometimes works, sometimes doesnt. A few times, I have had to replace them when they are really bad.

MAF cleaner will work also, and like Jeff sometimes you just gotta replace it.