Aussie Ghia Headlights Vs. Usa Sable

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3835884/1996-ford-taurus

Just found this on cardomain...

We knew the headlights were different, but apparently, the Sable and Ghia headlights are interchangable!

(just something interesting...)

Yep. As far as we know, the Japanese and Aussie models are identical. Close to no info on the Japanese ones though :(

Yep. As far as we know, the Japanese and Aussie models are identical. Close to no info on the Japanese ones though :(

Maybe when my wife and I make a trip to Japan this spring I will try to dig up some info. (Or take some pictures if I happen to see one!)

Maybe when my wife and I make a trip to Japan this spring I will try to dig up some info. (Or take some pictures if I happen to see one!)

Just trying to remember what all we know of re: the different types of export models. There were the Gen 3 Aussie Ghia sedans in RHD, the JDM SHO sedans and GL/LX wagons in RHD, and Gen 4 SE(L)'s in LHD for continental Europe... am I missing anything?

Gen 3s were sold in Europe too... Vulcans and LX/SE Comforts w/tecs. They lack front fog lights, but they do have turn signals/side markers....albeit a bit smaller than Aussie cars. No SHOs made it over.

Those Ghia models were probably like the Japanese ones in that they have the power folding mirrors right?

That's where I got my Power Folding mirrors ;)

That's where I got my Power Folding mirrors ;)

Me,too...along with the locking gas door and the Aussie specific tails...waiting for warmer weather to install all of it though. I am getting those Ghia headlights and bumper with ROAD LIGHTS!!!... next spring..(have a line on a yard with all that I need.)

Somebody here got one from a Taurus from New Zeeland ....not sure who though..

Zenriddles put one of those console-mounted Aussie handbrake levers into SHORTS.