Tcca Tsoc Posts

I know I'm beating a bit of a dead horse here,

But am I the only one that noticed that TCCA's Rocketfoot has a picture of a Mopar for his sig and drives a friggin' Cobalt? Some Blue Oval loyalty!!!

I still lurk the "other board" but feel like it's lost it's flame lately... It's the case of the supernova that has imploded on it's self. Now all you get is a bunch of knobs who drive a fifteen year old car with 200,000kms and a maintenance record akin to a homeless person's bathing record. My buddy Greg put it best... Automotive forums are for the advanced user, one who knows the end of a wrench, a code reader and a Haynes manual... but also with a little more then a growth at the top of his/her neck.

I'm not chocked full of original content to post to either board lately (a lot of life has gotten in the way of working on my Taurus) but when I finish fabricating my complete exhaust, you can imagine which forum will get the pictures....

Just my $0.02

Ian

Nicely said. ^_^

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is ridiculous. All of it.

I think it's time I step in here. First off, JW, you call us immature here, yet you are the one who is making duplicate accounts to bypass your suspension with random, anonymous emails. That's very hy

Again, you people sit here and act like this community is something to behold. You just called me a nuthugger and then you continue to say that I need to find out what this Taurus community is like, I

I have been a member at both sites all along but haven't been posting much at the TCCA. That site has faded significantly and the quality of postings made there have gone down IMO. I am only one member however, and I haven't read ALL of the posts recently, so take that into consideration. I don't feel like the website provides me the value it once did. I have been warned by Rocketfoot that if I do not remove my reference to this site from my sig there, I will be banned. Since I will not do that I am leaving TCCA. I find it hypocritical that the TCCA site is plastered with advertisements from tons of other websites but I cannot have a reference to this site on my sig. I am a paying member there yet the url to this site is censored over there, I guess they realize just how much of a threat this site is to the TCCA. Rocket says that every site does that, I have found that is not a 100% true statement and I know in this day and age it seems ok for management to stretch the truth to make a point, I no longer will be a part of that. So Devin and the boys, just keep it real over here and shoot straight from the hip and tell the truth. We Taurus drivers respect that above all!! cool.gif

The rantings of Mr. JW sounded immature to me. As if he has everything all figured out and no matter what logic or facts you would reply, would have no effect on his perfect powers of intellect and observation. In other words, unwilling to concede at all on anything. I read through this thread and I couldn't help but think this guy sounds exactly like my 17yr. old when she thinks she is right about something. Saying whatever she thinks sounds politically correct, talking for effect, steadfast in her opinion no matter if that opinion has flaws or is hypocritical in any way. I have found that when these situations arise the best recourse is to politely end the conversation. Nothing fruitful results from it and neither side is going to feel like they got their point across no matter how long the issue drags on. Now don't get me wrong I am always up for an intelligent debate, but that necessitates the need for both parties to accept that the possibility that his/her ideas might be flawed in some way.

Sometimes it is best to agree to disagree and move on. JW seemed on a mission to irritate and to that end I guess he succeeded.

tsoc.png

I know I'm beating a bit of a dead horse here,

But am I the only one that noticed that TCCA's Rocketfoot has a picture of a Mopar for his sig and drives a friggin' Cobalt? Some Blue Oval loyalty!!!

I still lurk the "other board" but feel like it's lost it's flame lately... It's the case of the supernova that has imploded on it's self. Now all you get is a bunch of knobs who drive a fifteen year old car with 200,000kms and a maintenance record akin to a homeless person's bathing record. My buddy Greg put it best... Automotive forums are for the advanced user, one who knows the end of a wrench, a code reader and a Haynes manual... but also with a little more then a growth at the top of his/her neck.

I'm not chocked full of original content to post to either board lately (a lot of life has gotten in the way of working on my Taurus) but when I finish fabricating my complete exhaust, you can imagine which forum will get the pictures....

Just my $0.02

Ian

I do not think it is fair to say negative things about Barry. He was an active member of the taurus community back when he had his old station wagon. Just because you don't drive a taurus doesn't mean you can't be an active member of the club. To be honest there has been a lot of trash talking towards him. We need to keep in mind hes just doing what he's forced to do.

Barry was always a great member of the TCCA. It is too bad he is an administrator now who has no say in what really goes on.

• Like 1

I do not think it is fair to say negative things about Barry. He was an active member of the taurus community back when he had his old station wagon. Just because you don't drive a taurus doesn't mean you can't be an active member of the club. To be honest there has been a lot of trash talking towards him. We need to keep in mind hes just doing what he's forced to do.

Barry was always a great member of the TCCA. It is too bad he is an administrator now who has no say in what really goes on.

He's not forced to do anything, he can easily leave. He is there because he likes the power. That is the only reason...

If you haven't noticed, I don't drive a Taurus either :unsure:

Rocketfoot the member was cool, no issues.

Rocketfoot the admin sucks IMHO, :tsoc: Rules!

Agreed with Gentz...

There is a lot of stuff that has gone on behind the scenes that has led me to lose faith in a lot of people including some people on tcca that I need not name. I had a very high opinion of Barry before the switch to TSOC took place. Now, not so much.

And while you're at it, ask him if he's been busy lately. You've been bringing up this unsubstantiated claim on both Taurus sites that Mike got banned, but it doesn't sound like you've actually spoken to him about it, and had just assumed that a TSOC Admin made him leave. Frankly, that rumor being posted on TCCA in 'Seriously?' was blatantly part of the reason that JW got confrontational over here. Inflaming people with BS before knowing the facts doesn't reflect very well on one's credibility... :mellow:

My credibility eh? I wonder what BS you are talking about. It would only be BS if it was untrue. Judging by what 00tec-saTX has to say about it, I think that i represented things pretty fairly.;)

YO!!!

Beetle's in the driveway, running and going on CL today, wanna buy it? LOL

I'm in agreeance with JW about the matter, but without the likeness for TCCA.

I do not visit this site because EVERYTIME I send a PM to someone, my profile gets visits from admins- even when they claim that messages cannot be read. My opinion is not valued as a paid member. Features that I paid for have been removed, and I have NOT been refunded for said features. Along with the attitude problems that JW pointed out (for some- not all), I choose not to contribute any of my knowledge to either forum. If any member has any questions for me at all that I may be able to help me with, I can be reached at wood.mchl at yahoo.com. Matter of fact, I took some pics of the underpinnings of those LED mirrors for Zorin that I have to get around to distributing.

Later

Speaking of LED mirrors, I got mine made up and installed. They work like a charm! Thanks for turning me on to the liquid electrical tape and sending me all the info! (I wired them in through the turn signal indicators on the cluster harness.)

The rantings of Mr. JW sounded immature to me. As if he has everything all figured out and no matter what logic or facts you would reply, would have no effect on his perfect powers of intellect and observation.

Well, I didn't see anyone coming up with arguments to counter much of my points, just insults. Why don't you show off yours now?

In other words, unwilling to concede at all on anything.

Why would I? Nobody replied with a valid reason to.

I read through this thread and I couldn't help but think this guy sounds exactly like my 17yr. old when she thinks she is right about something. Saying whatever she thinks sounds politically correct, talking for effect, steadfast in her opinion no matter if that opinion has flaws or is hypocritical in any way.

I consider my debating skills to be very good. I am a critical thinker and if you find a flaw in one of my opinions, a contradiction or anything that shows my ignorance then you can show me it. I am not politically correct in any way shape or form. I have a deep interest in politics and debating. I will respond to any real accusation of hypocrisy when it's presented.

I have found that when these situations arise the best recourse is to politely end the conversation. Nothing fruitful results from it and neither side is going to feel like they got their point across no matter how long the issue drags on.

It ended, that's why people continue to reply. If you people were mature, you would stop saying to stuff me knowing that I can't easily reply.

Now don't get me wrong I am always up for an intelligent debate, but that necessitates the need for both parties to accept that the possibility that his/her ideas might be flawed in some way.

Sometimes it is best to agree to disagree and move on. JW seemed on a mission to irritate and to that end I guess he succeeded.

Really? I don't believe that. You haven't presented any real debate. I don't move on that easily.

Zorin, shut the hell up. You look stupid.

Now all you get is a bunch of knobs who drive a fifteen year old car with 200,000kms and a maintenance record akin to a homeless person's bathing record. My buddy Greg put it best... Automotive forums are for the advanced user, one who knows the end of a wrench, a code reader and a Haynes manual... but also with a little more then a growth at the top of his/her neck.

I find that very insulting just in general.

If you want to keep this debate going, you guys just did it. I'm here until you guys shut the thread down.

• Like 1

I think it's time I step in here. First off, JW, you call us immature here, yet you are the one who is making duplicate accounts to bypass your suspension with random, anonymous emails. That's very hypocritical of you. Second, I ask of any member who has an issue with something on our forums or something that they are unhappy with, please, email or PM me. I would like to make things better for you in any way that I can. Third, we are an open forum, meaning you can openly post your opinions. What is not allowed is the behavior in which JW has brought to the forums these past couple of days.

This thread has begun to get a little out-of-hand. If the arguments continue to grow or the bashing doesn't stop, this thread will temporarily be closed to give some people time to calm down. While I'd rather not do this, as we value your opinions, some things need to be taken care of before anything too serious starts.

• Like 5

It wont help, he is not willing to listen to logic or reason. Everyone has their reasons for being here (or not being here, in Michael's case).

People like JW here are too solidified in their opinions to accept that someone else may have a differing opinion.

• Like 1

I think it's time I step in here. First off, JW, you call us immature here, yet you are the one who is making duplicate accounts to bypass your suspension with random, anonymous emails. That's very hypocritical of you. Second, I ask of any member who has an issue with something on our forums or something that they are unhappy with, please, email or PM me. I would like to make things better for you in any way that I can. Third, we are an open forum, meaning you can openly post your opinions. What is not allowed is the behavior in which JW has brought to the forums these past couple of days.

This thread has begun to get a little out-of-hand. If the arguments continue to grow or the bashing doesn't stop, this thread will temporarily be closed to give some people time to calm down. While I'd rather not do this, as we value your opinions, some things need to be taken care of before anything too serious starts.

And the voice of reason steps in thanks Devin +1

• Like 3