Sign in to follow this  
Brian_05_SEL

Gen 3 Side Mirror Needed

My coworker has a '99 LX sedan that is in need of some repair work, so I'm helping him out with it. I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement mirror in the local JY's, though. I'm looking for the complete driver's side mirror assembly- non-heated glass, with a functional mirror-adjustment motor and black grained plastic housing. The original is hanging by a thread and no longer adjusts properly, so I will need this to be the complete assembly to bolt in. Preferably, I would like to keep it under $40 shipped; use 60169 if you need to calculate shipping. Thanks! :)

Heading to the junkyard tomorrow, I'll keep an eye out for you Brian.

-Alex

I've got one Brian. The only thing its a replacement, so its not fully textured. However its hard to tell unless you stare at it for a while. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

-Chris

I bought a brand new complete non heated mirror for my 98 (unpainted in black) from RockAuto for $21.00. I painted mine but you could leave it black if you wanted.

:unsure: Has anybody found a good one? It must be OEM- no aftermarket repl. parts since he got burned (figuratively and literally) by a POS Dorman coolant recovery tank.

:bump:

:unsure: Has anybody found a good one? It must be OEM- no aftermarket repl. parts since he got burned (figuratively and literally) by a POS Dorman coolant recovery tank.

:bump:

What color does he need....there are a bunch of Gen 3's in yards around here. I could look friday morning after work. Not sure what you mean by the black housing. A pic might help.

Might as well get heated if available, plug n play, unless friend lives in cancun.

What color does he need....there are a bunch of Gen 3's in yards around here. I could look friday morning after work. Not sure what you mean by the black housing. A pic might help.

The Gen 3 mirrors were either painted body color with clearcoating, or molded out of grainy black plastic on the low-trim models. We are looking for the black plastic driver-side mirror, not one that's painted in black.

Might as well get heated if available, plug n play, unless friend lives in cancun.

I offered that as a possibility, but it would take both sides to add heated mirrors and it's not really a concern for him. -_- Not my car, so I wasn't going to argue the point.

He knows he doesnt need both sides to have the heat option to have the replacement function? Anyway, Certifit is a company that makes good affordable aftermarket parts if it comes down to that.

Brian -

I'm holding one right now. It's off a 99. It's in perfect condition.

$20.00 come and get it?

Brian -

I'm holding one right now. It's off a 99. It's in perfect condition.

$20.00 come and get it?

Done. :D Let me just relay the message to my coworker tomorrow, and I'll be in touch. Thanks, Eric!