OBD-II Monitor Exercised Drive Cycle Procedure
Drive Cycle Preparation
1. Idle vehicle for 15 seconds.
2 Drive at (40 MPH) until ECT is at least (170 F). (engine coolant temp).
3. Is Inlet Air Temp within (40 to 100 F)? If not stop here.
4. Cruise at (40 MPH) for Up To 4 minutes. Executes the HEGO monitor.
5 Cruise at (45 to 65 MPH) for 10 minutes (avoid sharp turns and hills) Gas tank ¼ to ¾ full.
6. Drive in stop and go traffic conditions. Include five different constant cruise speeds, ranging from (25 to 45 MPH) over a 10 minute period. Executes the Catalyst Monitor.
7. From a stop, accelerate to (45 MPH) at ½ to ¾ throttle. Repeat 3 times. Executes the EGR Monitor.
8. Bring the vehicle to a stop. Idle with transmission in drive for 2 minutes. Executes the ISC portion of the CCM.
CCM (Trans Auto)
9. From a stop and in overdrive, moderately accelerate to (50 MPH) and cruise for at least 15 seconds. Stop vehicle and repeat without overdrive to (40 MPH) cruising for at least 30 seconds. While at (40 MPH), activate overdrive and accelerate to (50 MPH) and cruise for at least 15 seconds. Stop for at least 20 seconds and repeat step 9 five times. Executes the transmission portion of the CCM.
10. From a stop, accelerate to (65 MPH). Decelerate at closed throttle until (40 MPH) (no brakes). Repeat this 3 times. Allows learning for the misfire monitor.
Complete list according to Ford. Tricky one is EAVP, as it needs the gas tank at the right level, overnight rest, and then outside air temp over 40F. Pain to do in winter.