• Announcements

• Devin

Sean T. is the new TSOC President!   03/27/16

As some of you may know, I started this forum back in 2010 in response to TCCA being sold to AutoGuide. I originally made this forum and called it the Taurus Club of Michigan (or something like that) purely as a joke, except a bunch of members from TCCA started joining. We eventually changed the name to the Taurus and Sable Owners Club, and we instantly started getting tons of signups from TCCA members in search of a new forum to join.  I only had my Taurus for about 6 months, and have moved on to the Mopar side. After 6 years, it seems weird for me to be president of TSOC. So as of today, I am 'stepping down' as President of the club and hereby hand the title of TSOC President to Sean T! I would say that most of you already know who he is, and I think he will do a great job as TSOC President. I will remain an admin of the forum and will continue to manage the server and forum software. Sean will be taking over all other responsibilities, including being in charge of the TSOC donations and money management. I will continue to pay for domain renewals, forum license renewals, and any other forum expenses, with Seans approval. Everybody please welcome Sean as the new President! Click here to view the full thread. ->
    • Devin

Donation/Membership Benefits Changed   03/29/16

As of today, the benefits for each donation level has been updated to improve our members experience on the forums. Be sure to check out the new benefits, and if you haven't already, please donate! Your donations help keep the forum running, and give you a better online experience.  Click here to see the changes and how to donate!  
    • Sean TT

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at TaurusOwners@gmail.com and he can reset your password.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmmfloorpie

Robocop's New Ride?

11 posts in this topic

I'm sure we all know that the original Robocop drove a 1986 matte black Taurus LX.

Well, they are remaking Robocop and the first question I asked myself was: "What is he going to drive!?"

Today, I found a picture of what MIGHT be the answer... I haven't been able to confirm this is the actual car, I just found the picture on a website...

So without further Apu...

robocop-newcar.jpg

Again, not confirmed. This might just be a good photoshop job for all I know.

If this is Robo's car, the movie sold me! Haha. So excited because for me Robocop was largely about the car he drove!

And I have to say, thank you filmmakers for not taking the easy way out and just getting a Mustang or a Camaro or some other obvious "cool" car for Robo.

So cool!

http://bigfanboy.com/wp/?p=15455

blink.gif

robocop-suit.jpg

"I'd buy that for a dollar."

tongue.gif

blink.gif

robocop-suit.jpg

"I'd buy that for a dollar."

tongue.gif

Don't care for the suit, but I like the car!

I won't watch the remake. The first one was perfection. Why mess with perfection? :rolleyes:

Product placement or not. I refuse to watch. I hope the movie ****** fails.

RoboCop 2? Ehh, was alright. Robocop 3? Wow, a little kid can take down ED-209, yet engineers struggle to disable ED-209 as it kills Mr. Kinney? Although, it did have Lumina APVs, so it gained some points there. But it wasn't on the same field as the original Robocop.

Clearly the "new" Robocop will only be worse than Robocop 3 based on the trend. :P

1 person likes this

I won't watch the remake. The first one was perfection. Why mess with perfection? :rolleyes:

RoboCop 2? Ehh, was alright. Robocop 3? Wow, a little kid can take down ED-209, yet engineers struggle to disable ED-209 as it kills Mr. Kinney? Although, it did have Lumina APVs, so it gained some points there. But it wasn't on the same field as the original Robocop.

Clearly the "new" Robocop will only be worse than Robocop 3 based on the trend. :P

Lumina APVs?

o wait, I was thinking of Knight Rider 2000. (Searched IMCDb.org ) Only seen Robocop 3 probably 1 and a half times. So memory is distorted on that.

So, I take that back, Robocop 3 sucked. :lol:

I'm with ya, Kev. The new car (if it is)? Profoundly bad-ass. The new movie? 99% chance of epic failure.

o wait, I was thinking of Knight Rider 2000. (Searched IMCDb.org ) Only seen Robocop 3 probably 1 and a half times. So memory is distorted on that.

So, I take that back, Robocop 3 sucked. :lol:

If you like Lumina APVs, I suggest you watch Predator 2.

On another note, I think that is the official car now. I've found it on several more sites.

Read the other day that the Taurus police version will have 3 engine choices: the NA 3.5, the SHO 3.5 or interestingly, the 3.7 from the Lincoln. :)

I heard one of the original actors is in it. Somehow, it's not the same. :(

red_zpsce4ea545.jpg

No matter what, it'll never compare to this:

DSC_0253.jpg

Criterion Collection. The one with the X-Rating for so much violence :wub:

Mr. Kinney, and when the gang blows up Murphy... Mmmmm... LaserDiscs. :blush: