• Announcements

• Devin

Sean T. is the new TSOC President!   03/27/16

As some of you may know, I started this forum back in 2010 in response to TCCA being sold to AutoGuide. I originally made this forum and called it the Taurus Club of Michigan (or something like that) purely as a joke, except a bunch of members from TCCA started joining. We eventually changed the name to the Taurus and Sable Owners Club, and we instantly started getting tons of signups from TCCA members in search of a new forum to join.  I only had my Taurus for about 6 months, and have moved on to the Mopar side. After 6 years, it seems weird for me to be president of TSOC. So as of today, I am 'stepping down' as President of the club and hereby hand the title of TSOC President to Sean T! I would say that most of you already know who he is, and I think he will do a great job as TSOC President. I will remain an admin of the forum and will continue to manage the server and forum software. Sean will be taking over all other responsibilities, including being in charge of the TSOC donations and money management. I will continue to pay for domain renewals, forum license renewals, and any other forum expenses, with Seans approval. Everybody please welcome Sean as the new President! Click here to view the full thread. ->
    • Devin

Donation/Membership Benefits Changed   03/29/16

As of today, the benefits for each donation level has been updated to improve our members experience on the forums. Be sure to check out the new benefits, and if you haven't already, please donate! Your donations help keep the forum running, and give you a better online experience.  Click here to see the changes and how to donate!  
    • Sean TT

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at TaurusOwners@gmail.com and he can reset your password.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mel

Grinding Noise While Idle

13 posts in this topic

For the last two months my 2003 ford Taurus SE,makes a grinding noise while the car is idle,like while waiting at the stop light or while in park when the car is running. I recently had my Septine belt replaced,I had a brand new transmission put in,replaced the idle pully and a oil change,so I don't know what it could be,any guesses?

And noise is coming from the engine.

Check your power steering fluid. Is it worse when you move the steering wheel?

No,its just while the car is in idle position

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Check all your fluids. What kind of grinding sound is it, is it loud? quiet? harsh, very aggressive?

Thanks,I'll check the fluids in the morning. The grinding/clunky noise comes and goes while idle,it kinda loud but not too loud,its just annoying sometimes. I'm going to also replace my wires and plugs as well but that clunky noise is getting on my last nerve.

Had that issue with mine. Power steering fluid was low. Now it's still there slighty, but much better. Mine has other issues, though. I think my tensioner is grungy and ready to quit. Also I'm still running the original belts. Anyway check them fluids and go from there.

Also, welcome to the :tsoc:

Sent from my Dell PC using a keyboard :ph34r:

Thanks!

Had that issue with mine. Power steering fluid was low. Now it's still there slighty, but much better. Mine has other issues, though. I think my tensioner is grungy and ready to quit. Also I'm still running the original belts. Anyway check them fluids and go from there.

Also, welcome to the

Sent from my Dell PC using a keyboard

Anytime, Mel. Also, you should share some pics of your Taurus :D

Where do ya hail from?

Ohio and I'll upload a few pics tomorrow for u guys

Anytime, Mel. Also, you should share some pics of your Taurus

Where do ya hail from?

It could be any one of the accessories making noise. Your best bet would be to pull the serpentine belt and try spinning the any one of them by hand.

An example would be my wifes SHO. Her car was making a terrible whining/whirring noise at idle. It did it all RPM but the exhaust/road noise drowned it out when you were moving. I pull the accessory belt and tried spinning both the alt and A/C compressor by hand, the A/C compressor would barely turn and was making some terrible noises.

Point is, do some investigating before throwing a bunch of parts at it.

-Sam

Yea I'm taken somewhere tomorrow to get looked at

Do you have the remote start option? My 2001 Sable has remote start. I noticed the other day as I was getting into the car it tried to engage the starter while idling after I used the remote to start it.