Welcome to Taurus & Sable Owners' Club

Welcome to Taurus & Sable Owners' Club!
If you are not a member, registering to our forum is easy! To get immediate access to everything we have to offer, click here to register and get started! If you're already a memeber, sign in here.

Registering gives you access to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • List your car in the Garage for everybody to see your car and it's mods
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Buy and sell parts in the Marketplace
  • Take part in the car meets and events each year
  • And much more!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

P0191 :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • TSOC Chapter:West Coast and Hawaii
  • My Car:2002 Mercury Sable GS+
  • Engine:3.0L Vulcan V6 OHV

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

I don't know who else to ask besides my friendly fellow taurus/sable owners. I know this is related to the fuel rail pressure sensor, but if any of you have experience with this specific trouble code, was it solved by replacing the sensor or was it something else relating to the pressure of the fuel system... I want to be completely positive if it is the sensor or not because I don't wanna spend $150+ on a part that I didn't need...

Here's what happened, I was out at the movies last night with a friend, I parked, the car started sputtering so I shut it off. The check engine light came on and the oil light flashed so I got out and checked oil, coolant, spark plugs, etc. Everything was fine. Checked for leaks - no leaks. I go to start the car and didn't hear the fuel pressurizing. It started, but it was acting like it was gonna die out from no fuel. I put it in drive and moved up a bit and it was being sluggish as hell. Then it died out. I tried starting it back up and it wouldn't start. Same thing - I didn't hear it pressurize. I let it sit for a minute, called family to let them know whats going on then like a miracle I turned the key and I heard the fuel pressurize and it started up like a champ as if nothing at all happened. It wasn't hesitating, jolting, nothing. I only felt the small misfires I always feel.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Jesse, 08 November 2011 - 07:27 PM.

#2 tRus03

tRus03

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • TSOC Chapter:Mid-Atlantic
  • TCCA Name:tRus03
  • My Car:2003 Ford Taurus SEL Centennial Edition
  • Engine:3.0 V6 DOHC

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

I once had a pending P0191 code. I had just filled up with gas, and as I pulled out into traffic from the gas station, the car sputtered and would not accelerate. I drifted into a parking lot, and as soon as the car stopped, it died. I waited about two minutes and tried to restart it, and miraculously, it started. The car then ran fine all the way home. I took the car to the dealer, where they said everything tested OK, but it sounded like the problem was the fuel pump from the symptoms that I described. So I had the fuel pump replaced, and haven't had a problem since (except for the faulty pump that was put in my car, but that's another story).

Posted Image
Matt D.
2003 Ford Taurus SEL Centennial Edition
Built With Pride on 03/26/2003
"If the world ended, the only thing they would find are fossils of Tauruses."

#3 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • TSOC Chapter:West Coast and Hawaii
  • My Car:2002 Mercury Sable GS+