• Announcements

• Devin

Sean T. is the new TSOC President!   03/27/16

As some of you may know, I started this forum back in 2010 in response to TCCA being sold to AutoGuide. I originally made this forum and called it the Taurus Club of Michigan (or something like that) purely as a joke, except a bunch of members from TCCA started joining. We eventually changed the name to the Taurus and Sable Owners Club, and we instantly started getting tons of signups from TCCA members in search of a new forum to join.  I only had my Taurus for about 6 months, and have moved on to the Mopar side. After 6 years, it seems weird for me to be president of TSOC. So as of today, I am 'stepping down' as President of the club and hereby hand the title of TSOC President to Sean T! I would say that most of you already know who he is, and I think he will do a great job as TSOC President. I will remain an admin of the forum and will continue to manage the server and forum software. Sean will be taking over all other responsibilities, including being in charge of the TSOC donations and money management. I will continue to pay for domain renewals, forum license renewals, and any other forum expenses, with Seans approval. Everybody please welcome Sean as the new President! Click here to view the full thread. ->
    • Devin

Donation/Membership Benefits Changed   03/29/16

As of today, the benefits for each donation level has been updated to improve our members experience on the forums. Be sure to check out the new benefits, and if you haven't already, please donate! Your donations help keep the forum running, and give you a better online experience.  Click here to see the changes and how to donate!  
    • Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at TaurusOwners@gmail.com and he can reset your password.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spridget

Blower Motor Not Working

10 posts in this topic

Just out of the blue, the blower motor quit working. I've checked fuses and relays, but nothing. A/C compressor continues to cycle on and off when selected, but no fan at any speed. I can hear the blend door operating as the vent control is switched through it's stations.

Any ideas?

Have you tried tapping or banging on the bottom of the motor to see if that jostles it back to life?

There should be a relay for it out in the BJB

one of the big square relays If i'm not mistaken.

The motor in my sister's SE died last year because of water leakage into the HVAC ducts from under the cowl.

The motor in my sister's SE died last year because of water leakage into the HVAC ducts from under the cowl.

^+1

Causes corrosion on the motor commutator.

Sh!t.

And here I was wondering Vortech or M90???

1 person likes this

Just out of the blue, the blower motor quit working. I've checked fuses and relays, but nothing. A/C compressor continues to cycle on and off when selected, but no fan at any speed. I can hear the blend door operating as the vent control is switched through it's stations.

Any ideas?

On my 96 sable, mine went out in 2009 (13 years) at 150K miles. It reached its end of life. There was nothing left of the motor brushes just black dust. Water intrusion was not a factor on mine. I picked up a replacement one at Advance auto for $30 something. It fit perfectly, just had to transfer the squireel cage from the old one to the new one.

Stayed away from the dealer who wanted $140.

outatyme: I switched the starter relay with the blower relay during my initial check. Starter still works, blower still does not.

Brian_05_SEL: It hasn't rained here in months, but it worth looking into. I had bought a new cabin filter to install, then this happened.

k8crd: For that price, I may as well buy a new one.

Thanks for the help y'all. :thumbs:

I tapped on the blower motor and guess what... it came on... then quit. But another few taps and it's working, for now. New Motorcraft part is $65 from Amazon. The car has almost 160k miles, and the A/C system runs all the time.

Could also be if your A/C vent tube is clogged, I think the A/C water can drip into the blower. That was a theory I had with mine. Though after going though everything, my A/C Vent tube was clear, with A/C on no water drips inside, and with the garden hose, no leaks. Could just be age too :)

These cars aren't built to last forever :P

1 person likes this